Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I bought my 2000 5-speed manual trans awd CR-V a couple years back and have been slowly modifying it since. As it sits currently it’s lifted on ARB springs with some Method 502 wheels made to fit a 64.1 centerbore wrapped in General grabber AT2’s. I also installed a CB radio and PA as well as some other minor cosmetic items such as a rhino roof basket and the CR-V nerf bars. It’s been an amazing car to own with very little maintenance. I’m actually joining the forum largely as way to meet any members in this area as I’ll be parting out the aftermarket stuff in the near future and would love to see the parts go to someone who is really into CR-V’s. Other than that I perform all the maintenance on my CR-V on my own so I’ll be perusing all the info on this forum. Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just realized I probably should post some pictures as well. My buddy took these shots the other day so this is how the car is currently sitting.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Nice looking 1st Gen. I do miss having a manual transmission.

You are adjusting the engine valves regularly, right? :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! The manual trans is definitely a really cool aspect especially because the majority I see are automatics.

And actually I really do perform a valve adjustment every ~15k. I just did one a couple thousand miles ago ?

·
Registered
81 Posts
probably start with tires. i was also thinking about fabricating some protection, start with a bumper and grill guard, and mabey a back bumper / hitch and spare / jerry can carrier. for now just fixing things that need it and doing regular maintanance thats been neglected.

I got excited when i read that you can swap in a 6 speed gearset and get lower rpm in top gear, so that might be somethibg for a future project too as i do a fair amount of highway commuting, and my 5th syncro isnt in the greatest shape either.

·
Registered
2013 CRV EX FWD
2,878 Posts
Great looking V!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Without looking at the odo right now I can’t say exactly but it’s in the 123k range. I bought it with only 86k. It was a salvage title from being stolen. I think whoever stole it likely got in a minor collision with a curb because I did have to replace a bent LCA but all in all it was in decent shape.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts