Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Re; 2019 Honda CRV EXL

4K views 20 replies 15 participants last post by  DSMDAVID 
#1 ·
I just got this car and do not like the backup camera. It has poor image quality and is worse at night. I haven’t tested the guidelines yet. Is this unusual or are these cars known for having poor rear cameras? Is there anything I can do about it?

#7 ·
replace the back up lights with LED and get a good pair from JDM lights the back up camera on my 2017 is crap also and the guide lines are off on the drivers side, if you check the camera it will tell you that you are on the line and really you are 10 inches inside the line. Honda told me that the camera is only a guide,and will not fix it.

#11 ·
Expectation management is warranted here. ✅

It's to allow you to see what is behind you when backing up.. NOT for taking high resolution photos. :)

Yeah.. it can get grainy under low light.. but it is still clear enough for it's intended purpose in my view. Mine is fine in normal lighting conditions.

My only gripe is that direct sunlight into the lens will overload the CCDs in this solid state camera, which can create an actual washout blind spot... but I imagine that tends to be true for most backup cameras to be honest. You know what though.. I simply shift to be rear view mirrors in that case and move on.

#15 ·
Ha, I thought I am the only one who complains about my 2017 CRV's backup camera. Every time I sit in my son's Mazda 3 backing up, I would make a comment, how come my CRV backup camera has such low quality image. Cleaning the lens makes no different. I have LED backup lights installed also.
It does the job knowing I am not bumping into anything. Not a big deal for me.

#17 ·
Ha, I thought I am the only one who complains about my 2017 CRV's backup camera. Every time I sit in my son's Mazda 3 backing up, I would make a comment, how come my CRV backup camera has such low quality image. Cleaning the lens makes no different. I have LED backup lights installed also.
It does the job knowing I am not bumping into anything. Not a big deal for me.
I'm just waiting for someone to post a diy on replacing the camera with another higher quality one. The splicing is standard on those things and cameras are everywhere. Technically it shouldn't be challenging - it's just figuring out the details.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

#20 ·
From my experience with my similar year and model, no problems at all and very bright picture. I would see my dealer. FYI, I think your rear lights are already LEDs. If not, in all states that I have checked, which granted is not that many, doing that repolacement on anything but fog lights is illegal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.