Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
re: vibration issue

I have just joined the group and this is my first post. Avid Honda fan, have owned 1985 Civic 484,000km., 1999 Civic 408,000km.(still running), and 2014 Civic. Wanted to buy a new 2015 CRV and talked to the salesman about the vibration issue. He assured me that they had resolved the issue. I took a beautiful blue EX for a road test, warmed it up good on the highway then drove into town. At the red light, with radio and A/C off the tach was at 750rpms and then it started to drop. Noticed a vibration starting around 600 rpm and when it reached 500 rpm it was really noticeable. You could see the car shaking. When I returned to the dealership, it seemed the salesman was put off that I did my research. He said that I was looking for problems. He didn't seem pleased when I said that I wanted something better than that for $38,000 (after taxes). Other than the vibration I loved the car. It was built in July 2015, so Honda has no interest in fixing the problem in this model year. Hoping that the 2016's are better. Remember knowledge is power.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I have just joined the group and this is my first post. Avid Honda fan, have owned 1985 Civic 484,000km., 1999 Civic 408,000km.(still running), and 2014 Civic. Wanted to buy a new 2015 CRV and talked to the salesman about the vibration issue. He assured me that they had resolved the issue.
Yeah it seems to be a re-occuring problem: Honda salespeople telling prospective buyers that the problem is solved when Honda's own Video released several days ago clearly states that only 1/3 of the vibration issue has been addressed( the jury is still out on whether the Mode 3 vibration is really fixed, only time will tell).

In any event, your absolutely right about the Honda salesforce being resentful about you doing your homework- I mean how dare you question the integrity of a HONDA !!! ..lol its quite hilarious really- most all of them look like fools thinking ALL of the buying public is that dumb and uninformed.

Sadly, the real tragedy is another UNINFORMED buyer will come in, take a quick test drive of that vehicle and buy the defective thing- and of course NOT A WORD will be spoken from the salesforce of the vibration problem prior to the deal being concluded.

Good for you being Dilligent about your research and good luck in your future purchase !! Knowledge IS Power .. AMEN !!!

P.S....Welcome to the Forum !!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts