Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the left rear drive axle on my 2000 CRV. Has anyone done this? I would love any tips or instructions from someone.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I guess no one has done this except me. I decided to give it a try. Super easy! Only needed to remove the bottom shock bolt and the bottom trailing arm bolt. This allows the trailing arm to move just enough to get the axle shaft out. I could do this job now in 30 minutes.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Usually the rear half shafts lasts longer than the front. Be sure you torqued the hub nut to proper torque spec. as if its not torqued properly it can destroy the bearing. Let me know. If you need the torque spec for the hub nut.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Usually the rear half shafts lasts longer than the front. Be sure you torqued the hub nut to proper torque spec. as if its not torqued properly it can destroy the bearing...

hi My son's car started making this continuous scraping noise coming from the left rear wheel when in motion, sounding like metal to metal. Would this be the wheel bearing and if so does it take any special tools to replace? He can't afford to take it to a shop and since I have fixed most car problems for him he is depending on his 59 year old mother who swore not to fix anymore cars for the rest of my life to do it. Any help will be appreciated.

thank-you, Patty

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Hi Patty. Does the scraping goes away when he hits the brakes? How many miles on the clock? Was anything done before this happened? I would suggest to check the brakes first it could be the pads are metal to metal already. Check to see if the pads are binding on the holder. What year is your CRV? I hope this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts