Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just upgraded my stock radio on my crv ex 2016, ( see link on my radio install posts below) and as expected, from all the posts i've read on this site, i lost the original rear camera views (wide, standard and top view) and got a fish eye view instead.
SInce I have still the stock radio on hand, i tried to hack it and check what signals to transmit to the stock rear camera and get the normal views.

This will be at least a week long investigation and I will start with the rear camera connector signals:
1) terminal #s 4, 6, 7, 9, 12 were wired on my new radio (kenwood dmx906s)
2) terminal #s 1, 2 and 11 were left disconnected ( i suspect these have something to do with the fish eye view i have now on my camera)

Once I powered up my stock radio, the camera setting is gone. without the camera setting there is no way for me to check the remaining terminals on how they behave for the wide, normal or top view.
see radio photo below.

We'll see tomorrow if i could hack the stock radio to show me the signals on the remaining three wires.

link to my radio upgrade posts -.>> link to radio upgrade post

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just completed figuring out the Bit0 and Bit1 wires for the rear camera.
Note: All logic voltages for the camera are 0- 6V/8V and not 12V. Only use the voltages in the camera wire harness G (Camera VCC and Camera Ground AND NOT +B or ACC+)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Camera View | BIT 0 | BIT 1
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wide | low (0volt) | low (0 v)
Standard/Normal | low | high (6v)
Top | high | low
Photos attached the wide, standard and top views on my kenwood.
also included is the dip switch contraption to switch the video mode

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts