Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2017 CR-V (bought in July 2017) has 14k miles and maintenance minder is showing the codes A167. 6 and 7 are brake and rear diff fluids. Isn’t it too early for that? Can maintenance minder be wrong?

Thanks!

·
Registered
27 Posts
My 2017 CR-V (bought in July 2017) has 14k miles and maintenance minder is showing the codes A167. 6 and 7 are brake and rear diff fluids. Isn’t it too early for that? Can maintenance minder be wrong?

Thanks!
My 2018 EXL showed A 1 6 at 14,000 miles. I asked about why the rear end differential oil needing to be changed so early. Tech told me the oil is break in oil and there would be a lot of metal filings in it. So, I took his advice and rolled with it.

·
Registered
36 Posts

Thanks!
Honda says: change brake fluid every 3 years. Brake fluid is susceptible to gathering moisture. Change diff fluid every 30k.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 2016 CR-V. I had the diff fluid changed at 16k, but never had a code show up in the maintenance minder. No code has been thrown for the brake fluid either. In fact the only code ever thrown by the maintenance minder was to rotate the tires. And once i reset it that code pops up again immediately.

·
Registered
38 Posts

Thanks!
**2017 EX-L with NAV nearing 50,000 miles. Talk with your dealer. While Maintenance Minder considers a number of factors in it's service recommendation they can all be overridden by the calendar time factor (such as replace brake fluid every 3 years if not prompted by MM.). I don't recall having seen a 7-code but MM said to replace my brake fluid at about 40-45,000 miles but it happened before a 3-mile time frame. On the calendar time factor, additives do wear out and brake fluids can absorb moisture leading to less effective braking and/or system rusting so that is why Honda & other automakers say to replace fluids at least ever so often.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
And I am at 114K miles 9 years never changed ATF or brake fluid hmmm I am a rusty old fart. Am I due for a change or am I just going to continue to roll.. love to hear. really love to hear yor thoughts. wait lets ad another year to the car as 2010 was a 2009 purchase.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts