Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
2009. Honda Crv Ex 2.2 ictdi
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya Everyone.
Well yesterday after owning my Mk3 Crv for a month I decided to change rear diff fluid as I didn't know when/if it was last done. Not a bad job all told after finally getting fill/drain plugs undone.
Dont know if anyone may know the answer but when I drained first lot of fluid I only got about a litre of fluid out. I was thinking when/if it was last done they'd under filled it. It was an almost purple like fluid (2 pictures enclosed of first drain and second drain fluid) compared to the fresh Honda dual pump 2 fluid. I refilled with the 1.3 litres of fresh and did the recommended driving full lock forward/reverse. I then drained the fluid again to put more fresh in. When I drained it again I only got a litre out? Very strange. That fluid was lighter in colour than the first drained fluid but still a little darker than fresh. I then refilled with 1.3 litres to top of fill bolt. Hopefully another job ticked off list of my Crv jobs to do.
Is it normal for diff to drop just a litre when you need 1.3 litres to put back in.
I'm guessing capacity off the diff is much greater but we just change a portion each time?

Attachments

Registered
0.3l isnt a great deal and could easily make its way around the system as your pour it in. That you got a litre out seems about right.

馃憣

Registered
2009. Honda Crv Ex 2.2 ictdi
Discussion Starter #3
0.3l isnt a great deal and could easily make its way around the system as your pour it in. That you got a litre out seems about right.

馃憣

A very many thanks. Being new to the Crv looks like its gonna be a learning curve. Manual gearbox oil change and diesel fuel filter change at the weekend.
Thanks again.

Super Moderator
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
Moving to Gen 3 section, as vehicle related issues are not allowed in this section.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts