Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you remove the fill bolt, there is abracket holding a cover which prevents me from getting a rachet in there, I have a 2006 4wd ex thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don t need the bolt, I just needto know how anyone got the bolt off , when a rachet doesn t fit. All the videos and tutorials I ve seen show an unobstructive view, but that is not the case on my 2006 ex.just need someone to tell me how they removed the fill bolt from the differential.there is no problem with the drain bolt removal plenty of room

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Hopefully you did not remove the drain bolt first. :(
Not to put you down or ? but sometimes people are looking at the wrong area or?
The Fill bolt has an indentation (3/8") that fits a 3/8" ratchet or 3/8" extension. Just to make sure we are talking about the same bolt at the rear differential.
From the diagram above, it looks like it is the one a few inches above the drain bolt and on the Driver's side of the CRV.
I have never had a 2006 but only a 2000 so I would have to search online for better pictures.
If I come across one, I will post back.
1:51 into the vid is the location that I see, If you have something in the way of accessing that bolt, hopefully you can take a picture and post it or someone else with an 06 will chime in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQHTQWDqZ5w

Buffalo4

·
Registered
184 Posts
06 EX 4wd here...I've replaced the rear diff fluid twice...only way I could access the fill hole is to remove that plate/bracket...a couple of 10mm bolts if I remember right.

·
Registered
184 Posts
The guy in the video seems to be missing that plate/bracket that I have on my 06 EX...also...never use regular ratchets to break loose very tight fasteners with a piece of pipe or 'cheater' bar...you could end up destroying the ratchet and seriously hurting yourself or damaging your vehicle. That's what breaker bars are for.

·
Registered
184 Posts
No problem...by the way, there is no aftermarket replacement for the rear diff fluid (Dual Pump)...is there something in the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act that states that if a vehicle manufacture requires you to use their fluid for an application (instead of an aftermarket equivalent), they (the manufacture) have to provide it for free??? For example, using 'Honda Genuine Motor Oil' vs. say Castro GTX oil. Maybe it doesn't apply here because no aftermarket company makes an equivalent fluid to the Dual Pump fluid???

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
No problem...by the way, there is no aftermarket replacement for the rear diff fluid (Dual Pump)...is there something in the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act that states that if a vehicle manufacture requires you to use their fluid for an application (instead of an aftermarket equivalent), they (the manufacture) have to provide it for free??? For example, using 'Honda Genuine Motor Oil' vs. say Castro GTX oil. Maybe it doesn't apply here because no aftermarket company makes an equivalent fluid to the Dual Pump fluid???
Is that Cuban oil? :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
plate/bracket

06 EX 4wd here...I've replaced the rear diff fluid twice...only way I could access the fill hole is to remove that plate/bracket...a couple of 10mm bolts if I remember right.
That is what I did, thanks for the help, no more parking noise, thanks again

1 - 13 of 13 Posts