Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In our 2013 AWD CRV we got a vibration similar to driving over washboard. This only occurred around 40 kmph and was fairly mild. By changing the rear differential fluid it went away. The last time it occurred it did not go away with the new oil so since the warrantee was about finished I took it into the dealer. They said it was a software problem with the transmission that needed an update. This did solve the problem. Why was this not a recall? Granted I should have taken it to the dealer sooner but it is easier for me to change the oil than get an appointment at the dealer so thats what I did. I have read of a vibration in turning corners but not on the straight. Any other similar experience?

·
Not-a-Mechanic
2011 CR-V 4WD EX
584 Posts
Yea man, they don't recall unless forced to, usually safety issues. I had a similar issue(s) with my VW. Usually they will issue a TSB, so I guess we're supposed to search those out periodically. If you have all your service done at the dealer, they will sometimes perform those TSBs.
It's bullstuff.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.