Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad::mad: So I've got something new to gripe about. Sitting at a light this afternoon and this jerk pulls up behind me, cutting up with two others in the car and has his seat reclined all the way back it looks like. I can see him in mirror and has his arms behind the headrest messing with the rear passenger. All of a sudden he must have hit the gas and BAM! Wasn't fast enough to hurt me so I get out of car and this ass... backs up and pulls away. Never says a word. I'm sure he was drinking, probably no license or insurance and that's why. However I did get his plate # and had a witness behind his car that corroborated the info. Looking at new bumper and probably liftgate. I'm sure the Molten Lave Pearl will be a easy paint match:rolleyes:Probably a good thing he fled because I would have gone in the window after him. Had the car 6 wks!!!!

What an idiot:mad:

2017 EX-L w/nav, Molten Lava Pearl

·
Registered
730 Posts
Sorry to hear your new CR-V is now damaged goods. Hopefully the repairs go smoothly for you.

·
Banned
806 Posts
Thats horrible. Make sure you don't take it to just any repair shop. Some are pretty bad at matching paint. You know those that the fender is a different hue of silver for example. After your repairs are done look at it in the sunlight and not in the shop. There are a ton of variables that affect color matching. Not just the paint code on the door. Hopefully the offender gets a big fat ticket for leaving the scene.

·
Registered
95 Posts
horrible! good luck on repairs. because its a brand new model hopefully they will be able to fix it like new.

invest in a dash cam. obviously wouldnt have helped behind you but if he had left and zoomed past you in front would've caught t on video.

·
Registered
381 Posts
The same thing happened to me, but she didnt leave the scene. (last year, with my 2015) I have since installed TWO dash cams, one pointing forward and one pointing back.

I actually got rear ended again a couple weeks ago, while sitting in a drive thru getting my morning coffee, but it was so minor I told him not to worry about it. (just a small ding on bumper) For the first accident it cost about $900, and they replaced and painted the bumper cover. There was NO damage underneath, or to the frame.

In both cases, they were playing with their phones while driving.

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
I've been rear ended twice in the last few years. First time $3200 damage and the driver didn't have insurance (that cost me a $200 deductible). Send time $1300.00 in damage but the drive did have insurance. Both times I took it to the local Honda body shop, They accepted insurance as full payment and did an excellent job. The paint matches perfectly and the exhaust system was replaced the first time. It's been 2 years since the last repair and still no problems. :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Tempting: say "Here, let me put my number in your phone so you can call me after you hear from your insurance agent," and then spike the phone into the ground like a football. "OOPS!, well, that's one problem solved."

·
Registered
188 Posts
20 years ago, when people scratch and dent your car, they leave their info so you can claim insurance.
Nowadays, people hit your car, they run away w/o saying anything.
The morality of this nation is going down so dramatically.

·
Registered
240 Posts
For some reason, EVERYTIME I have been in an accident(which was never my fault) the other driver NEVER has insurance. It really pisses me off whenever I see motorist on the side of the road exchanging insurance info knowing next time I get into an accident they will just speed away like this guy did.

[End of Rant]

·
Registered
25 Posts
For some reason, EVERYTIME I have been in an accident(which was never my fault) the other driver NEVER has insurance....[End of Rant]
The fun part is gathering the other driver's info and then *trying* to get the police to do their job, cite the driver and get the license suspended/revoked (because there are laws, but getting them enforced can be a battle on its own). My mother in law pretty much had to go up the pecking order to a state highway patrol commandant (top HP officer for like half the state) to get any action taken on the person who took out their minivan with a fraudulent insurance card. Nobody could be bothered with it until she threatened all sorts of bad publicity, use of press connections etc.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just got back from first estimate. $1900., that's to replace bumper cover and fix the small dent at bottom of tailgate. Est doesn't include painting entire tailgate but blending. He also says that the pieces on the side between taillights and top of bumper and behind rear wheel are part of bumper cover and will have to be replaced and painted as well. He told me no parts are available pre painted from factory except some Volvo models. Our Honda dlr is not known for their paint and body shop but I may take by for estimate just to see what they have to say. I'll post pic if I can figure out how?

·
Registered
117 Posts
that sucks man. I assume you've already taken the appropriate steps in notifying your insurance and the police (esp. if you have the license plate info)?

Glad you're ok though.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yea, I called state police when it happened. He came and took info and such. Not sure if anything will come of it though. He called it a non - reportable incident. He ran plates and got an address but no one home there. I informed him the conv. store that the guy pulled out from had security camera. He didn't even go to the store to check it out. I guess since no one was hurt and damage was "minor" he didn't want to fool with it. Not sure how next to proceed. My ins will cover under unim. and won't go against me since it was hit and run, but still......

·
Registered
264 Posts
Yea, I called state police when it happened. He came and took info and such. Not sure if anything will come of it though. He called it a non - reportable incident. He ran plates and got an address but no one home there. I informed him the conv. store that the guy pulled out from had security camera. He didn't even go to the store to check it out. I guess since no one was hurt and damage was "minor" he didn't want to fool with it. Not sure how next to proceed. My ins will cover under unim. and won't go against me since it was hit and run, but still......

That happened to me in 2015. The difference was that the other guy was driving with expired license, and no insurance card (because it was his girlfriends car). Police gave him 3 days to return insurance info. Next thing I know that the I can't reach this officer for the info and paying the cost myself. This kind of incident makes me mad. Because that dude just got away with everything without paying and no damage to his car. On top of this it wouldn't make sense to go to my insurance company because damage cost was around my deductible(1k) so I fixed it on my own.found that I can get new bumper from ebay company custom painted to match for $300, swapped it out on my own with new brackets and wheel liner from dealership. Fixed for 400 total. I got saved because it was small work, if it would have been more damage then it would be worst.
I understand your position as I was in the same. Keep hope for cops to work it out.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

·
Banned
806 Posts

So the guy leaves the scene and it is a "non-reportable"? That is BS. I would be squealing like a poked pig. And I would be starting with the police department and the police chief. I'm not one that takes advantage of the system, but I'm one that tries to hold the perpetrator responsible. This is exactly why we have the issues now days that we do and it is getting worse. There are no consequences. Credit card theft is another that irritates me. It is easier for them to just right it off instead of tracking the items to their delivery point and arresting the turds. Credit cards and crap like a "non-reportable" hit and run are perfect examples of why everything is going up in price. Everybody pays for it. Everybody but the person responsible for it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts