Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys and gals,

I recently took my 2008 CRV into a shop to have some spots removed from the upholstery. When I drove away and later stopped to get a bite to eat I noticed the right rear panel, just under the tail light seemed to have been popped away from the vehicle. I of course contacted the shop to ask about this and like always they claimed it was like this when I brought it in. Sigh.
I am attaching a couple of picture that help illustrate what I am saying.
I searched online to see how this part fits into place but I came up empty. It seems like it would just press into place but when I push, it doesn't seem to catch. I'm afraid that if I push much harder I could risk breaking off a tab or something; assuming it didn't already happen.
Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

TEAK

Attachments

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
12,164 Posts
For sure there is a tab under the tail light. Don't push too hard!

Search YouTube for a vid on replacing the rear bumper cover (or perhaps, R&R the tailights). That might show how the cover is retained.

No evidence of a 'bump' on the bumper, huh?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For sure there is a tab under the tail light. Don't push too hard!

Search YouTube for a vid on replacing the rear bumper cover (or perhaps, R&R the tailights). That might show how the cover is retained.

No evidence of a 'bump' on the bumper, huh?
The bumper seems to be in good shape and has no damage from what I can tell. I'll do what you recommended and remove the tail light so I can get a better look. Thanks for the tip.

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
Those colored panels are part of the bumper cover assembly (they attach to it), and yes, they do have to hook in underneath the taillights like @Carbuff2 says. Our blue CR-V was lightly rear-ended a week after we bought it, and it popped those out on both sides. They can't be pressed back in. I haven't fixed them yet, but I believe it may require removing the rear bumper cover and possibly both taillights, although the service manual shows the tail lights in place.

In step 3, this is probably your hook that let loose:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts