Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have just purchased a 2007 CRV 2.2 ES and reading the handbook seems to say that no child seats should go in the front. Is this correct ?? As my partner and I are about to have a baby and were expecting to be able to put a rear facing baby seat in the front so we can check on the baby whilst driving.

Please advise if we can put the child seat in the front.

Many thanks
Steve

·
Premium Member
3,666 Posts
Hi

I have just purchased a 2007 CRV 2.2 ES and reading the handbook seems to say that no child seats should go in the front. Is this correct ?? As my partner and I are about to have a baby and were expecting to be able to put a rear facing baby seat in the front so we can check on the baby whilst driving.

Please advise if we can put the child seat in the front.

Many thanks
Steve

Never....I Repeat never put a rear facing or any car seat in the front of a vehicle equipped with air bags. The owners manual is correct....If the airbag ever went off.......

If you need to be able to see the baby while you are driving there are mirrors that can be attached to the rear headrest that will allow you to see the baby while driving.

·
Registered
720 Posts
u DO NOT put car seats in the front seat of a car unless your car have those front airbags that can be turned OFF. usually, pick up trucks or some delivery vans have this feature.

in the crv, you put the car seat in the back.

·
Registered
352 Posts
as the previous comment indicates, it's bad to have your baby exploded upon. some cars have airbags which can be turned off, especially two-seaters (though my del Sol sure didn't, ha!) so that can be an option .. but if the manual doesn't mention that option, you need to put the seat in the back. there's no other alternative.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Car seats shuld never, ever go in the front seat. 2 reasons. 1) THe passenger airbag (as mentioned). 2) They are safer in the back seat. There is more vehicle to get squished in front and behind them. 3) Looking over inot hte passenger seat is a distraction and takes your eyes off hte road. Even a mirror in the back seat will still allow use of perrifreal (sp?) vision.

I have THE EXACT mirro shown in the pitcure above. It does block the view slightly out the back, but not enouhg to be a big deal. I had to adjust the angle of the center seat to be able to see into the mirror.

A car seat in the center of the rear seat will liekly survive a high speed frontal impact forceful enough to severaly injur or even be fatal to front seat occupants...but hte center rear will be completely unharmed... espcially in a rear facing seat.

Also note... it's advised to use a rear facing seat as long as possible.... meaning the child us under the seats weight limit. Also, many booster seats now have a rear facing option for toddlers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies I just wanted to confirm there was no way to turn the front passenger air bags off safely.

There is no way I would risk the baby. Can you tell me where yyou can get those mirrors ?

thanks again
Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts