Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 Honda CRV and I am having a problem where the dome light near the back gate will not go out. When I went to check the timing of the lights, the dome light in the front of the car will fade out in 30 secs, but the back light will not go out. I have waited as long as 5 minutes and it still stays on. One of the things that might be work is the door adjar switch. The problem is I cannot seem to locate where the switch that controls that light is located. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Scott

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
12,184 Posts
The switch that manually keeps the cargo lamp on is on the light housing. That is the one Racoon is talking about. I've bumped mine inadvertently and switched it to ALWAYS ON. ?

The tailgate switch operation on Gen2s is known to be an issue (but usually, you will see a DOOR AJAR light on the dash if its not making contact). It is on the left side of the tailgate opening near the latch. Just to see if that is your issue, wrap a rubber band around the plunger (where the door contacts it) to see if the light stays out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts