Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 2008 CRV the rear hatch sensor light stays lit on the dash as if the hatch is open, but it is clearly shut, and shut tight. I can't use the key fob to lock the doors because it thinks on is open so I have had to use the button on the door handle to lock them. The plastic coating from the latch part of the mechanism is torn and off of the lower portion of it, does that have any bearing on the sensor? I can trick the sensor into thinking the door is latched when it's up by pushing the latch mechanism over and shut with a screw driver. But when I shut the hatch again the light is still on. I unplugged the sensor wire from the back so I could use my key lock.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I found that if that latch is loose, even so little that its imperceptible, it will cause that to happen. If your latch is damaged, you may want to consider replacing it. I recently had to tighten mine up because the light would blink when I went over a speed bump or something. The screws only turned maybe one revolution before they were tight again. No more door ajar light after that.

·
Registered
2007 CRV AWD
1,975 Posts
Go to the Gen 3 forum and look at the second sticky thread for service manual
Go into the thread and download manual. Look at page 20-21 for instructions on how to replace latch.
You can also look up circuit diagrams. But, I find that best to actually look at the mechanism.
Find out what is wrong and then figure a way to fix it. Could be a broken or frayed wire??
Or it could just need an adjustment??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.