Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several other threads asked about the problem of the release latch not letting the rear seats flip forward, but those threads are closed for comment now.
I was having the same problem, getting the rear seats to flip forward for an expanded flat cargo space. I studied the owners manual, and the picto-graph label on the back of the seats, and the internet (including this CRV forum). Nobody had a satisfactory solution.
I struggled for an hour trying to get it to work. My wife came out to see what I was doing, told her, and on her first try they popped loose for her! The trick was to pull the ribbon tabs straight back along the floor. Do not used these ribbons to lift the seat at the same time. Kneel on the folded down seat back near the headrests and use your other hand to lift the back edge of the seat after the latch clicks open. And as others have said, be sure the seat slide is all the way back to the farthest notch before starting this.

The picture here shows the black ribbon tabs in my 2010. Flipping the seats gives larger dogs a way to poke their nose out the window without standing on the seat upholstery.

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
I've had similar issues with a couple of Honda's rear seats over the years--sometimes they need to be pulled a certain way to disengage.

·
Registered
2011 CR-V EX-L
1 Posts
I just got a new to me 2011. I was able to easily flip the passenger side but not the drivers side. When I pulled the strap I could hear it was moving the mechanism. After spending a frustrating amount of time trying all sorts of things I was kind of just exhausted, and leaned forward and layed my upper torso on it. I pulled the strap to see if a more considerable amount of weight bearing down on it while pulling the strap would free it and it did. I sprayed some silicone lube in the mechanism and repeatedly latched and unlatched it and so far so good that it continues to function.

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
Yup. These things are finicky, and you really have to hold your mouth right to get them to work, while having the car pointing due East and on a level surface. Just kidding, but they are a pain. Your wife sounds very handy to have around. I'd say you owe her about a month of dishwashing duty, but maybe you can get her to help you with that next brake job. It's worth a try. :cool:

Also, sorry about the housekeeping mess. It is taking me a long time to move 20,000 or so threads, one at a time, but I will get it done eventually. It's the tail end chore left over from a massive reorganization of the site. Things are much improved now and running much more smoothly. Just gotta finish the grunt work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts