Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
I have recently purchased a 2007 Honda CRV and have realized that the rear speakers on both sides do not work when I'm playing music however, the front speakers all seem to be working perfectly. I'm not exactly sure what the problem is (maybe a fuse has gone or a faulty cable?) but I was wandering if you guys could give me some solutions around this issue so that hopefully one of them will fix the problem.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you check the front-to-back setting on the radio to make sure the settings hadn't been changed by the previous owner?
How do I check the settings for the setup? as I can only find how to change the Bass and Trebble and can't find it within the manual.

·
1,968 Posts
You access those controls by pushing in the tune knob. This allows you to set bass/treble/fader/balance/SVC (speed sensitive volume control - should be set to mid for testing - turn the knob to change settings after pushing the knob to get to each setting). Front to rear is the fader setting. When that is centered the rear speakers should output the same volume as the fronts. It that's not happening, the most likely problem is corrosion at the speaker terminals inside the doors due to water leaking past the windows over time. Cleaning those should solve the issue. You'll have to pull the door panels to access them. If that is the issue, I would also pull the front ones and clean them. If this procedure does not fix the issue, then it is likely there is a kinked or broken or shorted wire in the speaker wire harnesses somewhere. The most likely location for that is where the wires go from body into the door. Using a multimeter to check for signal in each wire is the best way to find the problem. If you need to you can go to a local car audio shop and they can likely quickly solve it for you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You access those controls by pushing in the tune knob. This allows you to set bass/treble/fader/balance/SVC (speed sensitive volume control - should be set to mid for testing - turn the knob to change settings after pushing the knob to get to each setting). Front to rear is the fader setting. When that is centered the rear speakers should output the same volume as the fronts. It that's not happening, the most likely problem is corrosion at the speaker terminals inside the doors due to water leaking past the windows over time. Cleaning those should solve the issue. You'll have to pull the door panels to access them. If that is the issue, I would also pull the front ones and clean them. If this procedure does not fix the issue, then it is likely there is a kinked or broken or shorted wire in the speaker wire harnesses somewhere. The most likely location for that is where the wires go from body into the door. Using a multimeter to check for signal in each wire is the best way to find the problem. If you need to you can go to a local car audio shop and they can likely quickly solve it for you.
Alright I'll look into it, cheers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts