Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Hello

Has anyone upgrade their rear sway bar on their gen 5 crv?

Im a huge fan of upgraded rear sway bars...ive done it all my cars that i have owned. The only one ive found available the gen 5 is:
https://www.carid.com/megan-racing/adjustable-rear-sway-bar-mpn-mrs-ha-0891.html?singleid=568664143

Some sites says this fits only the gen 4 but some says gen 5 will work too. Anyone know?
Megan Racing website doesn't list that for us.

We haven't really seen a big market for suspension changes and probably never well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I currently run a progress sway bar. The 10th gen civic, accord 4dr, and civic type r use the same rear sway bar. I was the test dummy for this bar as no one knew if parts crossed between models. I've had it on for 4k miles with no fitment issues. It is identical to stock. Really helped with correcting the understeer in the vehicle.

part number 62.1018 is what I'm running. It's over 3x the stock rate. They offer one that's twice the stock rate, but that seems pointless given the taller profile with this vehicle. No ill effects of the stiffer bar. Much more stable at speed and cornering. Does make the front sway bar feel a bit soft, but good luck changing that out.

cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello

Has anyone upgrade their rear sway bar on their gen 5 crv?

Im a huge fan of upgraded rear sway bars...ive done it all my cars that i have owned. The only one ive found available the gen 5 is:
Megan Racing® - Rear Adjustable Sway Bar

Some sites says this fits only the gen 4 but some says gen 5 will work too. Anyone know?

Does NOT fit - i ordered twice thinking i fat fingered my first one, the second attempt to return to carid, they made me send photos of ’how it didnt fit’ needless to say that pissed me off. TLDR: that one wont work, and megan racing wont listen.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Does NOT fit - i ordered twice thinking i fat fingered my first one, the second attempt to return to carid, they made me send photos of ’how it didnt fit’ needless to say that pissed me off. TLDR: that one wont work, and megan racing wont listen.
if you're 2wd the progress bars fit. I've been running one with no issues

·
Registered
2 Posts
if you're 2wd the progress bars fit. I've been running one with no issues
Thanks for the tip. I have awd and I just found this and ordered it, in case anyone else is looking:

·
Banned
2017 OBPM CRV TOURING
3 Posts
Thanks for the tip. I have awd and I just found this and ordered it, in case anyone else is looking:

found this with a quick google for $99 less exact part #

1 - 7 of 7 Posts