Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

Rear wiper activates automatically in reverse on 2019 LX

3068 18
Yesterday it was drizzling and I had the front wipers on the intermittent setting. There's no adjustment for the frequency on this setting in the LX. The rear wipers were OFF completely.

While parallel parking, I noticed when in reverse, the rear wiper will also sweep across the glass intermittently.

Can I disable this easily? It's not a big deal, but I don't like wipers activating automatically. I like to control everything the car does.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
2018 CR-V AWD Touring
381 Posts
A light drizzle might necessitate moderate usage of front wipers without any need to activate the rear. In fact, some people might never use the rear wiper and never bump into anything as a result. I'm not one of these people, but I find the rear wiper is not all that relevant to safe operation of the vehicle. It's more a novelty to me than anything else.
I guess if you really didn't want to ever use the rear wiper, just pull the fuse or install a fuse bypass switch.
https://www.etrailer.com/Tow-Bar-Wiring/Blue-Ox/BX88272.html

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.