Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 14 CRV. The rear wiper is 12.5".

I can only find 12" or 13" replacements. I have compared the 12 and 13 directly with this one and mine is right in between the sizes.

The books call for 13" but there is not much clearance at the top of the sweeping area of the glass.

Ideas?

Tire Auto part Automotive wheel system Automotive tire Automotive exterior

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The original part. 76732-T0A-003 is 315mm or 12.4". The OE wiper inserts are very reasonable at $5.85 list. I would buy the correct part.
Do you have the part number for the entire blade assembly?

I cannot see an easy way top remove the old blade without bending the clips that are "embedded" in the lower part of the blade. Am I missing something?

I did not realize anyone actually replaced the rubber inserts anymore. Tire Automotive tire Automotive wheel system Rim Wheel

·
Registered
434 Posts
It is easy to slide the rubber insert out, just squeeze the rubber by the last holder ( at the end where the arm connects to the car ) and slide it out, slide the new one in and squeeze it till it seats.
The whole blade # is 76730-T0A-003 and lists for $36.85 , just change the rubber.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
I wouldn’t lose sleep over 1” give or take. A wiper is a wiper, either one will do, if that is all you can get.

·
Registered
'18 CR-V Ex-L AWD & '13 CR-V Ex-L AWD
1,640 Posts
The Honda Way is to install a new insert. Easy to do, cost effective, and it works. What's not to like?

Enjoy the ride.

·
Banned
806 Posts
I prefer to buy the inserts. Toyota is the only other manufacturer that I know of selling the inserts as opposed to the whole blade. There may be others. I wish every car manufacturer did this. I don't squeeze anything when replacing. They slide right out and slide right back in. Just grab the end and pull. You will have to look carefully to see which way to pull out. It should be self explanatory. Just be careful not to bend the metal supports on the sides of the blades and take care to make sure you don't miss any guides when sliding the new insert back in.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I prefer to buy the inserts. Toyota is the only other manufacturer that I know of selling the inserts as opposed to the whole blade. There may be others. I wish every car manufacturer did this. I don't squeeze anything when replacing. They slide right out and slide right back in. Just grab the end and pull. You will have to look carefully to see which way to pull out. It should be self explanatory. Just be careful not to bend the metal supports on the sides of the blades and take care to make sure you don't miss any guides when sliding the new insert back in.
+1. My first Honda was a new 1990 Accord. Refills were the norm back then. All of my Hondas and Acuras since have used the refills - it's the only way to go as the OE approach works very well and it is very cost effective! I even put the correct sized Honda/Acura blades on my Chevy trucks so I can refill them too.

Your Honda owner's manual will tell you how to replace the refills.

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
I replaced my front blades with Piaa silicone "beam" blades--I use only silicone blades now whenever I can since they clean so much better in all temperatures, they don't chatter, and last much longer. I wanted to do the same on the rear but given the construction of the rear assembly, I probably have to use the refill.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.