Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife's '07 CRV has had a rear wiper that hasn't worked. I checked it out a little today and noticed the fuse was blown. I replace the fuse and tested it out and the wiper ran. But it's running slowly and will stop in random spots instead of all the way down on each side. She told me it was doing this before it stopped working before. What should I check to see what the deal is with this thing? Thanks for any information!

·
Registered
18 Posts
When motors are overloaded, they draw extra current. Too much current and the fuse blows.

1- If it's stopping randomly without blowing the fuse, it might be something loose/broken in the control switch on the steering column. I had a similar problem with the headlights on my old Eclipse.

2- I assume that there is no snow or other external obstruction involved, so the problem may be internal. A dried out/worn out bearing would cause the motor to work harder and overload the fuse. Not likely that you can find a replacement bearing, but if you can disassemble, clean and lube it, you might get a little more life out of it.

3- Or, it could be a bad relay that "opens" intermittently. That would turn off the wiper but shouldn't cause a blown fuse.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts