I never use it and the car wash always beating it up
I’ve been searching all the web but can’t find anything
Any help Appreciated
Thanks
Steve

·
Everything in Moderation
8,171 Posts
You want to totally remove the wiper drive spline? That requires motor removal.

Why not just remove the arm itself. Reinstall the retaining nut onto the spline so that you will know where it is. :rolleyes: ;)
Coat the spline with a little grease or anti-seize to prevent corrosion in case you want to reinstall it at a later date.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You want to totally remove the wiper drive spline? That requires motor removal.

Why not just remove the arm itself. Reinstall the retaining nut onto the spline so that you will know where it is. :rolleyes: ;)
Coat the spline with a little grease or anti-seize to prevent corrosion in case you want to reinstall it at a later date.
I just wanted to tak the blade off and cap it
If the make a cap

·
Everything in Moderation
8,171 Posts
I just wanted to take the blade off and cap it
If they make a cap
Google and ye shall find. :)

Friction Fit Caps - MOCAP, Quality Plastic Products Manufacturer

friction fit caps are designed to protect threads and fittings from moisture, contamination and damage during production, shipping and storage.

The caps are non-threaded, which allows them to easily slide into place, and allows them to be removed with little effort as well.
Please choose the style of Friction Fit Cap that best suits your requirements.
If you use a cap like that, I'd still advise coating the spline to prevent corrosion.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I'm not wild about removing a safety feature. I have to use mine constantly in winter due to spray off the roads accumulating on the rear window, or even in rainy weather. It's there for a reason. ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts