Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am new to the forum, and I have tried searching the site for an answer, but have not found anything. I have a 2012 CR-V and when I turn on the rear wiper it gets hung up on the underside of the spoiler. It seems to be getting stuck near the outside of the spoiler suggesting that it isn't staying against the glass. Has anyone seen this before? Is it likely just the spring that doesn't have enough tension to keep the arm tight to the glass? I appreciate any help you can offer.

Thanks

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,809 Posts
Is the rear wiper a factory part? An aftermarket part MIGHT be too long. Those reference guides are not always correct. :mad:
Also, in my experience, aftermarket arms can be prone to rapid rusting and binding. In that case you would be correct, it may not be laying 'flat'.

On some other makes, the joints can rust. In that case, working some lubrication into the wiper arm hinge will help. Use a penetrant first to free it up, flexing the hinge to help it get into all the needed areas. Then follow up with a drop of regular oil.

Reactions: Mbelcher08

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mine has been like that for months! I installed a new rear wiper and hasn't worked right since. Think I bent it a little too far back when I installed it. Between the fridgid weather and tons of other things in life going on I haven't had a chance to really work at it. Tried WD-40 and still nothing. Will try the above sugestions as well!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I wondered about the wrong size too. The arm is factory, but the blade is a replacement. I went on Rockauto to see what options they had vs. my local part shop and they have two different sizes available. I currently have the longer size 13", which seems to be closer to the previous gen's size. I will try lubricating the hinge too to see if that will help the blade stay down. Visually, when it gets stuck, it looks like there is room for it to pass the spoiler, if it stayed against the glass. Thanks again for the feedback. I will try to update after I get a chance to take another look at it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts