Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so I need some help...

My power steering pump was leaking at the housing so I had some free time and decided to rebuild it to get it to stop dripping on my alternator. No symptoms before this. I took it off, rebuilt it according to the service manual and a great youtube video with new o rings and bearing, and put it back on. Started her up, no power steering. No funny noises, no leaks, just not working! Okay... took it back off and thought maybe I mixed up the cam ring and where it goes. Possible, but I double checked everything this time. Made sure the the shaft would spin when I turned the pulley, everything seemed good. Put it back together and back on the car, same thing. No extra noises, no leaks. Just no power steering. I used CarQuest Honda power steering fluid. Both hoses, high and low pressure, had fluid coming out of them when I took them off the pump. I'm totally stumped. Am I missing something super obvious here? If no one has anything I guess my next move will be to buy a reman and stick it on the car.... since I'm so good at changing them now! Thanks guys!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts