Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Recalled Parts For "Fix"???

I just got a VM from one of the service guys at my dealer. He said the fix they told me about won't be happening as soon as they had hoped. No time frame was given. I'm still getting the T-stat done this week which I'm betting won't do a thing.

I saw this on the FB group..... Are your kidding me?

Attachments

·
Registered
240 Posts
I was actually going to PM you to find out what dealership in the Delaware Valley was rolling out the fix. Guess that's unnecessary now. :Notagain:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Will be interesting to find out. Everything seems to point to a temperature-related issue - not warming up, fuel getting into the oil which means it is hitting cool surfaces before it has a chance to burn. I can't imagine they wouldn't have figured it out if it's that simple, but, things often hide in plain sight. And since common sense seems not so common these days, who knows?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was actually going to PM you to find out what dealership in the Delaware Valley was rolling out the fix. Guess that's unnecessary now. :Notagain:
Sussman Honda in Abington, PA. When I drop it off on Thursday afternoon I hope to find out more about the "Fix"

·
Registered
434 Posts
It appears that the fix is not working and Honda knows it. On the same FB group there is a Canadian (I'll call him Mr. M) who had his 2017 CR-V engine replaced. Long story which one can read in FB (in bits and pieces as it involves many posts over many months). Mr. M was not aware of oil dilution prior to the engine replacement and no reason was given for the engine failure. Regardless, the replaced engine has oil dilution, the dealer pulled over 5 liters of fluid after an oil change, and the car does not heat up like it should. Mr. M filed an arbitration claim with CAMVAP and they ordered Honda to fix it by Oct. 31 or buy his car back. Honda applied the so called fix the last week of Oct. to placate CAMVAP. The fix did not work, car still will not heat up properly and still dilutes. A Honda Field Engineer came over, took possession of the car to test it. He gave Mr. M another CR-V as a loaner and that car heats up properly according to Mr. M so he is very puzzled why his own CR-V does not work properly but the loaner does - same drive routine and weather, same driver and no issue with the loaner heating up (he said too early to tell about dilution).

The last post from Mr. M:
My crv is with a Honda Canada field engineer until thursday so he can make a few comparative test with another crv and after the camvap will take his final decision

That was a week ago and I hope Mr. M posts again soon.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Hmm... not looking good. I just came across this on the same FB group. This is a different person than the one I described in post #5 above so another engine replaced in Canada and the new engine has oil dilution also!!! It took 3 months to replace the engine, imagine the nightmare.

Attachments

·
Registered
533 Posts
Hmm... not looking good. I just came across this on the same FB group. This is a different person than the one I described in post #5 above so another engine replaced in Canada and the new engine has oil dilution also!!! It took 3 months to replace the engine, imagine the nightmare.

I dont get it...Honda ,dealers and those who dont have the issue say there is nothing wrong with gas in the oil......could it be true?....Honda has lied to us?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll just say this.....My 2005 Yamaha 150 4 Stroke Outboard had a bad case of fuel oil dilution.......wasn't a good thing. Yamaha ended up replacing the engine. Same deal, Yamaha denied the problem for a year, they finally came out and basically said yes they screwed up. I've gone thru that crap once and I don't want to do it again.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I’m in Belleville Ontario and I heard 2nd hand from a friend it took over 2 months to replace an engine and the guy finally got new CRV. May it’s the same guy lol .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
5,202 Posts
I made an appt today for my CRV to go in for the "fix"....sounds like I should hold off?
Why would you hold off? IF it doesn't work, I would think it just helps your case with a lemon law proceeding. If it does work, then you can enjoy your CR-V.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I too was interested in the 2019 Toyota RAV4 UNTIL I read ALL the reported problems encountered by owners of cars with the Aisin made 8 speed transmission also supplied in the new RAV4. Toyota has a 30% stake in Aisin. Too bad they aren't more involved ins correcting the numerous problems with this unit that has gone on for some years now in other car makers models.

It is hard to say if this 2019 Aisin 8 speed has been improved. I was surprised and very disappointed to learn Toyota choses not to participate in the Lemon Law process. Also Toyota recently paid $1.8 billion in settlement/fines for their "runaway" cars. Really.......runaway cars.

My wife and I were ready to purchase the new RAV$ but 1. will wait for a year to see how the 8 speed tranny performs and 2. think about whether we will ever buy Toyota given their reckless and irresponsible behavior.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sussman Honda does good work. Just not a fan of the Service Manager. He’s pretty arrogant. I typically go to Sloane as they tend to smile more; will hit Sussman up for oil changes as they are closer.
Your right about the service manager, arrogant is putting it nicely. I have to bite my tongue. I try never to go to a dealer. I have a fantastic garage I get any non warranty work done. At least there I can see what the guys are doing. Been using the same place for 25 years.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Your right about the service manager, arrogant is putting it nicely. I have to bite my tongue. I try never to go to a dealer. I have a fantastic garage I get any non warranty work done. At least there I can see what the guys are doing. Been using the same place for 25 years.
I have pretty good luck at Burns Honda in Marlton, NJ so far. None of the people I've dealt with (including the service manager) have given me any sort of attitude - and they acknowledged the existence of the problem when I brought it up in May. @FASTFJR, is today the day for you?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have pretty good luck at Burns Honda in Marlton, NJ so far. None of the people I've dealt with (including the service manager) have given me any sort of attitude - and they acknowledged the existence of the problem when I brought it up in May. @FASTFJR, is today the day for you?
I'm dropping off later today so they can replace the T-stat.....AGAIN. I don't think this will do anything but at least they are giving me a loaner car. My "Fix" as of last Friday is supposed to be done in 2-3 weeks. They are waiting for parts. My CR-V is number 3 so far the dealership will be doing.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm dropping off later today so they can replace the T-stat.....AGAIN. I don't think this will do anything but at least they are giving me a loaner car. My "Fix" as of last Friday is supposed to be done in 2-3 weeks. They are waiting for parts. My CR-V is number 3 so far the dealership will be doing.

What have the told you on getting the parts in for your fix?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts