Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I know the answer, but you guys are smarter than I. Why does a TSB exist when the problem was caused by what the mfg'er did ??? I suspect a recall is a potential threat to safety while a TSB is just a "speed bump". My guess is their lobby is stronger than the NRA or AMA so our beloved politicians have sold us down the river !! Follow the money is probably all we need to know. Every day that passes makes it more obvious why this country is in the predicament it finds itself. Craig

·
Registered
231 Posts
Replying to an old post.....

A recall is directly related to a violation of various federal standards, motor vehicle safety code, emissions violations, or clearly in the interest of protecting the public.

A TSB is primarily designed to save the manufacture money! Imagine 500 cars all going into different dealers at once, and Honda having to pay for 3-5 hours of diagnostic time each for them to all come to the same conclusion! A TSB distributes new, timely knowledge to all dealerships about a repair they are likely to see, best practices, labor & reimbursement limits, and informs them of updated parts that will help prevent recurrence. They may also set up a procedure for flushing parts dept stock of obsolete items to get them out of circulation. YOU the consumer are not supposed to be privy to this communication, but thank g-d in this day and age we are!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts