Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed the last few weeks that when I turn on A/C in my 2015 CR-V EX-L (either when starting the car after having it on before, or pressing the A/C button), my recirc button also lights up. Note I do not have the A/C on Auto mode (which I know turns on recirc automatically). I then have to press the recirc button just to get fresh air A/C. My dad owns an identical 2015 EX-L model and his recirc button does not automatically turn on with A/C.

Does anyone else have this issue? I did not see a note in the owners manual saying both A/C and recirc would turn on together regularly.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have 2015 EX-L w/nav. I don't pay too close attention, so some of this comment is from vague memory.
The recirc light 'usually' comes on when I manually turn AC on. But I think it does not sometimes... don't know the formula yet. It seems to be different if I'm manually turning AC on or off versus turning the car off and back on again.
I rarely use "Auto', but when I do it seems to turn on the AC if it thinks it is needed, but the info bar on the control still says 'AC Off'. That has me puzzled... and I don't like it. If it says "AC Off' it should be off! That's one of several reasons I don't use Auto. I think Auto is uncomfortable because it always starts by blowing the fans full speed for a while. Very annoying, especially if its cold outside and the engine isn't warmed up yet. And Auto will blast the AC for a few minutes if the car has been sitting in the sun a while, and only then decides its really only 60 degrees outside and we now need the heater. What a waste of AC energy.
But I still like the car. 4500 miles so far.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Our new '15 Pilot does the same thing. I understand it is a fuel saving measure, the theory being that it cools the vehicle more efficiently and thus reduces some of the effort needed to turn the compressor or reaches the desired temperature more quickly so the condenser can be deactivated. I personally don't see that it can save an appreciative amount of energy. I prefer the outside air over recirculated cabin air and have got into the habit of hitting the button as soon as I turn the ac on.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
If the vehicle interior is pretty warm (well above the chosen temp setting) the AC will normally go to recirc mode automatically to keep cooling the treated air rather then using the hot outside air. So, I believe it is a pretty normal operation.
Buffalo4

·
Registered
60 Posts
I played around a few minutes last night. If I turn on AC with a requested cabin temp above, equal, or only a couple degrees cooler than ambient outside air, then the Recirc light does NOT come on. If The cabin requested temp is several degrees below ambient outside air, then the Recirc DOES come on with the AC. I'm still learning about the subtleties of all the electronic stuff in this car.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
The 'Econ' button turned on has a bearing on the recirculation feature of the ac/ht system. Turn the Econ off and you will see that recycle light go off when using manual mode. In auto mode the recycle light will go off after meeting the temp setting you have selected. Give it a try.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts