Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried using the Recirculate option several times this winter in my 2015 LX. Every time, it fogs up the windows until I have to turn Recirculate off and turn up the fan and defroster for a bit. I normally drive with the fan off or set to the first click, and I don't overdo the heat. Am I not using the Recirculate option correctly? How do I avoid fogged windows?

·
Banned
806 Posts
Your fogging of windows when using the recirculate button is normal. Turn the recirculate function off and you won't have the issue.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Not sure why 'sc1957' chooses to Recirculate as described.

You are correct, DYI Guy, it certainly will result in fogging the windows! Also why drive with the Fan Off? You do know that the big left knob controls the temperature of the air?? Yes it sure does.

Ok, back to the question: "How do I avoid fogged windows?"

Answer: Fan speed medium, Mode set for Defroster and Floor or Vent, and Temp to your liking.

Our windows are easily kept clear of fogging. I seldom turn it on to 'Recirculate' except if I see a skunk laying in the road way, or smoke drifting into our path, and such as that. But only until we are past the offending issue.

Enjoy the ride.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts