Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I carry around a lot of tools in my 2009 CRV, over between 4-500lbs. My old springs are tired and the back is hanging low. I have ordered some springs from Eaton that are rated at 18% above OEM without any significant lift. My mechanic and I agree that I should probably replace the shocks while he's got everything apart.

What do you all recommend for this application? I see KYB gets a lot of love here, is that the way to go or are there some less expensive options?

thanks,

Rob

·
Banned
2,510 Posts
I have used KYB's before, been happy with them, no complaints. I don't know who supplies Honda OE, at one time Toyota used them as OE, not sure about lately, OE and replacement versions usually differ in the valving.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I carry around a lot of tools in my 2009 CRV, over between 4-500lbs. My old springs are tired and the back is hanging low. I have ordered some springs from Eaton that are rated at 18% above OEM without any significant lift. My mechanic and I agree that I should probably replace the shocks while he's got everything apart.

What do you all recommend for this application? I see KYB gets a lot of love here, is that the way to go or are there some less expensive options?

thanks,

Rob
That's a lot of weight, and I am assuming those tools are always in the V. So, this is basically commercial use, back and forth between job sites carrying tools. I don't believe Honda OEM are made for such use. I would go with a reputable brand (I don't know which) rated for such application. Cheap/under-rated shocks can result in more expensive damage to the vehicle and posssibly to your tools if they get tossed a lot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.