Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! Long term lurker, first time poster. I did a search of the forums for seat covers, but all the threads were pretty old. Does anyone have any recommendations for seat covers?

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Do you have airbags built into the seats?

Vehicle info would help us help you, yes we know its a CR-V. Which gen though, 97-01 1st gen, 02-06 2nd gen, 07-11 3rd gen, 12-current 4th gen. Sometimes the trim level even makes a difference.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry about that! I thought by setting my profile, people could tell, but I guess you have to really look for it. My CR-V is a 2014
2WD LX 5AT

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am definitely staying away from the cheap Chinese covers that flood Wally World and other big box stores. I don't mind paying more, but I definitely want to know my money is going towards a higher quality product and not padding someone's product.

·
Registered
12 Posts
let me tell you a story about an elderly lady who purchased seat covers from caltrend....paid almost $600.00 for a full set of seat covers and got some really crappy "covers" in return. she tried to get a refund since these seat covers weren't even sewn together properly but they blamed the problem on her. they said that she must have tried to resew a rip she made while installing the seat covers incorrectly. after getting hung up on and trying to go to the BBB, her kids called her credit card company and told them of this disgusting company. caltrend tried to charge a restocking fee!

anyways, so that lady is my aunt....once we got her money back. FULL money back, we looked online and called a company called Decor Auto. my cousin called them to talk to them in person so my aunt wouldn't make the same mistake twice. since my cousin Steve called, they actually gave him a coupon and the girl that he talked to told him to look online, and to check media outlets, yelp and even youtube for reviews from different people before making up his mind.

long story short, the customer service was amazing and we are waiting for her seat covers to come in. once i get my next paycheck, i'm getting a set too :)

so on behalf of my family and i, we suggest decorauto.com

·
Registered
12 Posts
Choices, just got a 2015 CRV and have been looking for covers. Your review is appreciated.
no problem. i just want to save you from the headache and b.s. she had to go through. i'll ask my cousin who he spoke to. he spoke very highly of her.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no problem. i just want to save you from the headache and b.s. she had to go through. i'll ask my cousin who he spoke to. he spoke very highly of her.

+1 on the thanks. I just called decorauto.com and they gave me a coupon code when I told them I was interested in buying a set of their Cordura seat covers. I wanted the most durable product they have, and they are an actual authorized reseller of Cordura which is very rare considering the cheap Chinese knockoffs. Their leatherette covers do look tempting... that is one of the things I wished I had sprung for when I first got my car :(

·
Registered
30 Posts
In the summer of '13 I had a Driver's Seat worn issue on my '12 Ridgeline RTS that I had purchased new in January'13. After the Warranty Repair was made I decided to opt for some Custom Seat Covers for the Front & Back Seats. I chose California Car Cover as the provider. I paid about $400.00 for the Dura Plus Covers. Great Costume fit. Certainly worth the money.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Just checked out Cali Car Cover. Seem to have a lot of options. I've always toyed with the idea of upgrading to leather... but then I see the price. I've also bee thinking about sheepskin, but the price for that is even more. I might just splurge $150 for a driver side one I found on amazon here. Then, in the future, I could always upgrade the passenger too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts