Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello and I am new to the CRV owners group but not new to owning a CRV.
I've owned a 2001 2012 and 2010 all wheel drive.. I would say the 2012 was the nicest and most fuel efficient but it actually had the issue of grinding noise when you start of it up and also tranny Vibration In 1st and 2nd gear that I've read about so I traded that off for the 2010 that I have right now so far it's been a great vehicle and I've put 70000 miles on it in the last year and a 1/2 plus..it has 150k..
I have a little equity in the 2010 and I've been shopping around and reading a lot of reviews it looks like the 2nd generation 2005 and 2006 were very good cars as well as 3rd generation 2009 2010 and 2011 are highly recommended.
My question is if given the opportunity to make a good deal on either the 2nd generation or 3rd generation ... Is there any reason to stay away of one generation over the other as long as their being will maintain with lower miles?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Generally speaking with most vehicles (cars, trucks or motorcycles) buying one of the later models from a generation has been a good strategy. Changes, improvements and fixes are made along the way which tends to create a "better" vehicle towards the end of that specific generation. That doesn't mean that if I was in the market for a different vehicle that I wouldn't consider an earlier one if it was in better shape or had lower miles or had documented maintenance versus the newer model.

Some of this also depends upon the individual and their needs/wants/abilities. For example if I was purchasing a car for my wife as as opposed for myself I would take that into consideration. I don't want to drive something that has niggling issues but there might be some knowns that I wouldn't care about and would overlook if I found a vehicle priced right that I thought I could get a few years of service out of. One the other hand some of these issues might serve to annoy my better half and it would be a constant point of irritation...I wouldn't go there no matter how great of a value. In past years I have driven some vehicles that had a lot of miles on them and was used to having to occasionally work on them to keep them running and providing transportation. I have the tools and abilities to handle many things without having to take such vehicles in for repairs so it isn't a big deal. Again, if I was looking for something for my wife, mother or daughter I would not recommend such a vehicle for their general use.

Good Luck with your search and purchase!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts