Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm looking to replace my original brake pads this spring on my 2017 CR-V. 34K miles and the rotors still look good.

In the past on other cars, I've installed a few brands of whatever their higher end ceramics are (Akebono, PowerStop, Wagner). Never had used Honda branded before, but would of course consider them as well.

I just wanted to see if there was a preferred or recommended brand/model of brake pads that you all have been using when replacing your brakes on these 5th gen CR-Vs. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
I stayed wit hthe best one's I know. GH Honda

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. Searching up genuine Honda branded pads, it looks like these are the correct part numbers.

Front:45022-TLA-A01

Rear:43022-TLA-A00

·
Banned
249 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
NP I hesitated to post but for others, its a helpful vid Mistakes or not, just shows you, take the time it gets done. GH Honda parts. and me .Lol

again you are quite welcomed and thank you.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
If you are pinching pennies, certainly the Wagners at half the price of OEM are a reasonable option. But the Akebono's are close enough in price to OEM's that I'd personally just use OEM instead; I certainly have no complaints about them... seem to be pretty low-dusting, and I don't drive in such a way I really need to worry about brake fade or anything.

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
Ever use those cheap pads. see if my memory serves me right. R & S Strause when they were a store, sold Wagner pads, the Shop said they got lifetime replacements, bring in the bill and pad and off you go with a new set. As quick as they went on, a new set was needed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts