Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some jackass threw something on our windshield last night and I can't get it one hundred percent clean. It could be a milk shake. I've tried vinegar, etc with plenty of elbow grease, but there is still a streak left behind on the windshield.

Any suggestions for good heavy duty windshield cleaners?

Lutafisk

·
Registered
155 Posts
Maybe one of the heavy duty all-purpose cleaner/degreasers or straight alcohol? Incidentally, I find that here in Florida people use a lot of Rain-X on their windshields. Apparently helps in cleaning off the lovebugs and also with the heavy downpours they get in rainy season. The wipers have a time keeping up. Maybe something like that would protect against jackasses too!

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
You can use either an all-purpose cleaner or something with vinegar in it, or greased lightning. Just makes sure it doesn't touch the paint, and a razor blade to clear anything that's dried on. I hate when people do that kind of crap.:mad:

·
Registered
250 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Steel Wool

Get some 0000 steel wool at Walmart, Home Depot, Lowes, etc. Use it like you would paper towels...use whatever glass cleaner you already have.
It won't scratch glass, but I'd avoid the trim pieces and paint.

You'll love how easily it removes anything from glass, and you'll want to keep some in your car for a rainy day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts