Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I just purchased a CRV EXL 2017 with Black leather interior and was wondering what everyone is recommending or using out there that they find is best for their leather seats?

Thanks!

·
Registered
'18 CR-V Ex-L AWD & '13 CR-V Ex-L AWD
1,656 Posts
Meguiar's car care products are very good. Leather? I use their leather cleaner conditioner. Follow the container instructions. Easy to use and last a long time.

·
Registered
43 Posts
More than you'd ever want to know about detailing, including leather care, at
Auto geeks online . Net (remove the spaces)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've been impressed with a product called "Leatherique"

It requires more time and effort then your standard off the shelf product but the end result is worth it.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
909 Posts
Lexol cleaner followed by Lexol conditioner. Works very well, available at WalMart, a little goes a long way.

Keep in mind that, like all mass market cars, the leather in Honda's leather interior is limited to seating surfaces only (i.e. the narrow bits you actually make contact with) and the leather is sealed, making it difficult or impossible for any conditioner to penetrate to the leather itself. So really high-end leather care products are probably not helpful: we're not in Aston-Martin territory.

·
Registered
115 Posts
The leather in your CRV is a performance leather. which means as mentioned above it has a sealer. Just clean with a leather cleaner. Although the leather cleaner will never contact the leather, it is a mild cleaner with a neutral ph. It will not damage the sealer coat.

Do not use leather conditioners on performance leathers.

·
Registered
84 Posts
303 Leather Cleaner and Conditioner. I have the gray leather and I can see that it does a good job cleaning it. Pick up a kiwi horse hair brush, best thing to use on leather interior.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
The leather in your CRV is a performance leather. which means as mentioned above it has a sealer. Just clean with a leather cleaner. Although the leather cleaner will never contact the leather, it is a mild cleaner with a neutral ph. It will not damage the sealer coat.

Do not use leather conditioners on performance leathers.
This is correct. Using a leather conditioner on coated leather won't hurt anything, but would be a waste since it can't reach the leather to condition it.

However, I would recommend protecting the coating. Some recommendations for interior protectants are:

Ultima Interior Guard Plus
303 Aerospace Protectant
Dodo Juice Leather Sealant

I use UIGP in my personal vehicles, 303 adds a bit too much sheen for my liking.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts