Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I’ve been using the free version of various obd scan apps. I’m looking for a “premium” alternative primarily to read for fault codes, dashboard display, and for hybrid battery data(I have no idea what apps can do this). I’ve used obdfusion, Torque lite and a few others.

I’ve used the paid version of the two apps with a friend’s device and liked both. I’m using iPhone and elm327 IIRC. I don’t like the idea of having to pay for add ons for each car, but I believe that would still be cheaper than the alternatives like bluedriver. Please let me know what you use and if you think the app you have is worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Got the Torque pro app. It’s good just not hybrid/EV comprehensive.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Does it show turblow boost, tranny fluid temp, bottom radiator temp (CT2) and engine coolant temp (CT1)?

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
I got the Bluedriver and also one of the $20 ones that work with any software. I really like the Blue driver unit. It's a cut above the rest but it unfortunately only works with their software.

Rob

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I actually figured out that you can do everything on torque pro, including hybrid battery diagnostics. You have to just add the vehicle specific pids. The bluedriver app and device look great, it’s probably worth it if it will have continued support.

Regarding features that would be useful for the CR-V: I couldn’t access any temperature data. I’m sure it’s there, just wasn’t visible on the default screen. Most free apps show you the coolant temps.

Cool Things I did have access to by default: timing, st/lt fuel trims, A/F ratio, fuel rail pressure, TURBO BOOST (It stayed in vac. for most of my drive). I doubt I’m going to be able to make out a difference using premium vs regular or winter driving vs summer driving. I would need to data log and compare on a computer for those types of comparisons IMO.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hiya folks. just a simple sharing. After 1,5 years of using, my wi-fi OBD finally decided to stop functioning. I really fed up, because I need to reset the engine light for my other car (it's an older 2012 sedan). Cut the story short, i decided to get a slightly more reliable, professional OBD, which is still economical in-term of price.
I got this one from Amazon :
foxwell.jpg
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N6RKE29/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I love it so far...

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Does it show tranny fluid temp?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts