Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

41 - 60 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
@JB in AZ Thank you! I know which manufacturer had the "park outside" recall. My son's girlfriend was visiting and I was helping to troubleshoot a soft brake pedal. Then I found the recall, which had been out or quite a while but not fixed on her car. We got the recall done the next day, then continued on from there.

Yes, the press is out to sell and in this case I'm glad to read that although there's a recall, it isn't causing crashes and injuries/deaths. I remember years ago some Honda owners (non-CR-V) getting spun up over a recall and how Honda shouldn't have issues. ALL cars have issues. Despite having multiple recalls on my various vehicles, Honda has taken care of them pretty well, IMHO. Even when were in Italy, with a US-spec Ody, they shipped the parts to an authorized repair facility who performed the recall, so we could ship it back to the US.

I also enjoy reading about some of the other differences between US and world-wide CR-Vs. Potential buyers could watch a YouTube video review and then be disappointed we don't have a HUD in the USA, or a diesel option.

·
Floatin' Pizza Slices
4,767 Posts
Sure looks like singling out North Americans.
I disagree. There are two distinct statements:

• This CR-V forum seems to be dominated by north Americans
  • rather too often, the tone seems to be angry, aggressive or just ill-informed and ignorant.

Had the text said: "rather too often, the North American tone seems to be angry, aggressive or just ill-informed and ignorant", then I would agree with you.

In the British vernacular, this statement would not impugn those of the US, even if it appears to you/others as doing so.

Rather, I am highlighting how things, such as this, can be misinterpreted and as such I wholly defend @Alfettaman's post as being neutral and not singling anyone out.

·
Super Moderator
1997, 2002, 2017 my expertese lies there
5,026 Posts
To All: Would you like a CRVUK Forum? this is the World Wide Web not a Domestic Room!

Reactions: dntboles

·
Registered
797 Posts
When I studied social theory as an undergrad, I found that we all have certain 'spheres of influence' that affect the way we communicate and function in the world. Interestingly, Covid-19 brought about a novel sociological perspective, as well as stressors. Whether you are from the US, UK, or any other place, we are all going through the same situation....

·
Registered
2020 CR-V Hybrid EX
1,524 Posts
To All: Would you like a CRVUK Forum? this is the World Wide Web not a Domestic Room!
I wouldn't want to see UK owners isolated in any way.
But there are certainly issues that pertain to the UK more than other markets.
I think a "UK-only Issues" forum would be OK, as long as it was explained that if a matter concerns more than just the UK market it should go in the general forums.
An example might be diesel issues. Most Yanks have no interest in diesels if they aren't in pickup trucks or semis.
But that might want to go into a "Diesel" forum, as a lot of countries other than the UK have a lot of diesels.
Another thing that might help is to get a popup when you post that says "Are you posting in the correct forum?" With a list of other forums that could be selected, thus sending your post to that one. That would require some server side work though.

·
Floatin' Pizza Slices
4,767 Posts
Ahem....

👌

·
Super Moderator
5,026 Posts
Ahem....

👌
Been there ( thanks @TheDarkKnight )
EXACTLY 4 months in the Running.
Hybrid 14 months in the Running

S as said this is a WORLD WIDE WEB CRVOC family-orientated forum. not just Domestic, Import, etc.

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
I appreciate seeing posts and perspectives from other regions.

I’ve posted before that my own experiences and driving style seem more like those who’ve posted in the UK. It’s unusual for me to drive at speeds greater than 70 mph — not due to timidity but traffic. This afternoon I spent a couple of hours in a “70 mph” zone with the AVAS pedestrian alerting sound often happily singing along to my music.

@Cipo80 hasn't posted in a while, I think, but he was one of the first I saw sharing his experiences with the CR-V hybrid. And, of course, the European (+ UK) markets got the hybrid model one year before North America.

·
Floatin' Pizza Slices
4,767 Posts
I appreciate seeing posts and perspectives from other regions.
While I dont speak for all UK members, I am sure they too like to see the perspectives of the dominant US owners too - if only to compare and see differences et al, but also see those things which are common too.

Afterall, its ownership of the CR-V that brings all corners of the globe here :) (Unless a person is a flat earther....)

Reactions: fishycomics

·
Registered
UK 2019 Honda CR-V hybrid EX iMMD
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
I disagree. There are two distinct statements:

• This CR-V forum seems to be dominated by north Americans
  • rather too often, the tone seems to be angry, aggressive or just ill-informed and ignorant.

Had the text said: "rather too often, the North American tone seems to be angry, aggressive or just ill-informed and ignorant", then I would agree with you.

In the British vernacular, this statement would not impugn those of the US, even if it appears to you/others as doing so.

Rather, I am highlighting how things, such as this, can be misinterpreted and as such I wholly defend @Alfettaman's post as being neutral and not singling anyone out.
Thank you. I was going to make exactly that point myself, but you beat me to it! (it's still a bit early here! :sleep:)

Two separate statements. And (if you read the whole of this thread) there seems to be broad agreement that each of them is true. The first is a matter of fact, the second is an opinion that others seem to have concurred with.

Reactions: TheDarkKnight

·
Registered
5 Gen: EX 1.5T
110 Posts
I’m happy to pick and choose what to read. It’s interesting to watch a thread develop with opinions added, it’s then we start to learn and question our own ideas and thoughts. I’ve only been on this Forum a very short time and so far have been impressed with the input and helpful information offered.
”Keep Calm and Carry On”

·
Floatin' Pizza Slices
4,767 Posts
Personally speaking, I'm delighted that the site has several active UK members - I know theres a couple of FaceAche groups dedicated to the UK CR-V "forum", but as a platform, FaceAche is (insert desired expletive) and this forum format is far more functional, easier to use and also because its not FaceAche. :)

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
FaceAche.
Facebook comment format and software behind it is not suitable for more than a dozen comments or it will break. Forgets the notifications and turns really slow. Every longer comment needs to be clicked to unfold and it automatically wraps the threads short enough to read on one screen.

·
Super Moderator
5,026 Posts
Remember , "You" found this site" the Dealer never told you about this site", and only a fraction are here, imagine the numbers if you were forced to Join you be lost following any topic

·
Registered
2019 CR-V Hybrid SR Crystal Red Metallic
330 Posts
Great forum which is attributable to the diversity of the posters and management. The odd tosspot slips through the net but in the main the moderators sort them out before threads degenerate into verbal bun fights. For me the depth of technical experience in this forum regarding the Hybrid makes it the go to place rather than contact my dealer if I have a query or problem.

·
Super Moderator
5,026 Posts
Thank you All: we here try to keep do our best, and sometimes things to get out of hand, not many do report issues with the report, and bast thing about this We are family. We all Wish you all a Happy Easter , and or Happy Holiday

Your Staff I say that from all of the staff as a Team.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I have been a member of a few forums over the years and I have found this forum to be the best one of the reasons is because it has so many members all across the world
When I started looking for a new CRV I found more information on here from the helpful members who know a lot more than some of the sales staff I came across at different dealers
Thanks to all the moderators for doing a great upaid job

·
Floatin' Pizza Slices
4,767 Posts
For me the depth of technical experience in this forum regarding the Hybrid makes it the go to place rather than contact my dealer if I have a query or problem.
When I started looking for a new CRV I found more information on here from the helpful members who know a lot more than some of the sales staff I came across at different dealers
Very telling replies.

People should take note of this....

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
3,679 Posts
I have been a member of a few forums over the years and I have found this forum to be the best one of the reasons is because it has so many members all across the world
Thanks to all the moderators for doing a great upaid job
Thank you for your kind and encoring comments!

There are some days (very few) that I wonder why I am spending most of my waking hours here, then I remember why: I love talking about cars, and helping people...Where else could I do both? Pure and simple.

·
Super Moderator
5,026 Posts
Very telling replies.

People should take note of this....
Dealers sell you, here we help you. Igot the Brooklyn bridge for sale, wanna buy it.

You got that right TDK

41 - 60 of 114 Posts