Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Yeah I haven't found any easy way to source foreign parts. It seems like in a lot of countries there aren't that many Honda dealers so no doubt everything goes through them instead of websites
The Australian dealers will have it but your going to have to ask someone on the forum from over there to buy it. They will not sell to anyone outside Australia.

Rob

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
So out of curiosity, I went to the UK Honda website, and it shows the 5th Gen CR-V as "coming soon" and shows the hybrid version and also the 7 passenger with the petrol 1.5L T engine. Interestingly enough, the image they show has left hand drive. Isn't all of the UK right hand drive? And certainly they could have found an image of a RHD from Australia or Thailand?

http://www.honda.co.uk/cars/new/cr-v/overview.html

Then click on "new" then "coming soon" then "discover more"

·
Registered
50 Posts
As I understand it we cannot get it as all the production is being used in North America last I heard it won't be launched until December and first deliveries will be next year. We had a similar problem when the new HRV came out they could not deliver them until they switched the production of our version to Japan instead of Mexico. This is the problem of only producing one model in each location if they don't have the capacity to supply everyone.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
As I understand it we cannot get it as all the production is being used in North America last I heard it won't be launched until December and first deliveries will be next year. We had a similar problem when the new HRV came out they could not deliver them until they switched the production of our version to Japan instead of Mexico. This is the problem of only producing one model in each location if they don't have the capacity to supply everyone.
I doubt that they would allow a LHD vehicle to be imported in by a dealership. I suspect you guys will get RHD vehicles made in Thailand not the USA. The Thailand plant seems to be dealing with all the RHD production but they are straining to keep up with demand.

Rob

·
Administrator
3,297 Posts
I doubt that they would allow a LHD vehicle to be imported in by a dealership. I suspect you guys will get RHD vehicles made in Thailand not the USA. The Thailand plant seems to be dealing with all the RHD production but they are straining to keep up with demand.

Rob
There are in fact many LHD cars in the UK. Both registered in the UK and in use by visitors from Europe as well as commercial vehicles.

Honda UK has two factories in Swindon. Production at these facilities are dedicated to the CRV and Civic built for the UK and exports elsewhere in the world. Both RHD and LHD vehicles are made there.

Currently, the only Honda UK built vehicle exported to North America is the Civic 5door Hatchback.

·
Registered
326 Posts
On the regional difference,

I understand in some regions, the 1.5L turbo is spec'd for 0w-30 and/or 5w-30 in the owner's manual Is that true? I am from USA and we only get the 0W-20 API rated oils. Thanks

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
There are in fact many LHD cars in the UK. Both registered in the UK and in use by visitors from Europe as well as commercial vehicles.

Honda UK has two factories in Swindon. Production at these facilities are dedicated to the CRV and Civic built for the UK and exports elsewhere in the world. Both RHD and LHD vehicles are made there.

Currently, the only Honda UK built vehicle exported to North America is the Civic 5door Hatchback.
To clarify, what I meant was that I doubt a dealer would be allowed to import thousands of LHD vehicles into a country that uses RHD. Yes I know you can bring in a vehicle for yourself or a dealer can do a special importation but I am not so sure that they will allow them to bring in anything in bulk.

As for Honda UK. I thought they now exclusively make the Type R at their factories.

Rob

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
To clarify, what I meant was that I doubt a dealer would be allowed to import thousands of LHD vehicles into a country that uses RHD. Yes I know you can bring in a vehicle for yourself or a dealer can do a special importation but I am not so sure that they will allow them to bring in anything in bulk.

As for Honda UK. I thought they now exclusively make the Type R at their factories.

Rob
My list of manufacturing sites should be accurate..I just researched it recently

Here is their page where they say they make the crv there (though gen4 at the moment)

https://www.hondamanufacturing.co.uk/our_plants/car-manufacturing/

Since the 2018 redesigned is coming this Autumn and the hybrid coming next year, I assume they are in process of retooling

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
On the regional difference,

I understand in some regions, the 1.5L turbo is spec'd for 0w-30 and/or 5w-30 in the owner's manual Is that true? I am from USA and we only get the 0W-20 API rated oils. Thanks
0W-20 in the Australian manual too.

·
Registered
50 Posts
We heard that our CRVs would be made in Canada although there was a rumour that both the HRV and CRV production had been moved to Japan as the north American factories were not able to produce enough. Swindon is only producing the five door Civic (all versions not just the type R) now unless they are still making the 4th gen CRV until the 5th gen is available, they must be getting 4th gens from somewhere. I know for sure that our 5th gen CRV is going to be imported as they have said that Swindon will only build the 5 door Civic.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yes that is what we heard, off course the launch has been put back since then and I am fairly sure we wont get them from Canada anymore.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Do you guys in NA have a hidden plate under the passenger side floor carpet that opens up and reveals the VIN?

Rob

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
I never noticed it when I had the sill plates off.. Where is it supposed to be? On mine you can just look at the base of the windshield in the driver's side to see the vin
Do you guys in NA have a hidden plate under the passenger side floor carpet that opens up and reveals the VIN?

Rob

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
I can't get it off.. Would probably have to get something to pry it up

That is weird, mine just lifts right up and reveals a pocket going down about an inch down to the Chassis bottom. The Vin plate is attached to the bottom. I will take a Pic tomorrow.

Rob

·
Registered
206 Posts
That is weird, mine just lifts right up and reveals a pocket going down about an inch down to the Chassis bottom. The Vin plate is attached to the bottom. I will take a Pic tomorrow.

Rob

Is yours equipped with very thick insulation under plastic cover?

image.jpg

Without insulation

image.jpg

41 - 60 of 81 Posts