Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hello all :confused2: I know this has to be somewhere, and I just can't find it. I was hoping someone could point me to the correct direction. I bought my 2018 CR-V EX-L in January 2018, and I have never taken it in for any type of maintenance at all. This is my first Honda, so maybe it's the norm? I am used to be given a maintenance book showing how often certain things are due, and a place to keep all those records. I have never been able to get my HondaLink to work which means no reminders or anything else. So when I got on my instrument panel a message saying 60% Oil Life, I freaked a bit. I'm good for now!:eek: But back to my initial question.....is there? and if so, where might I find a maintenance schedule?
Thank you for reading!
Aztex :Help:

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Did you read your owner's manual?

It should tell you all about the Maintenance Minder system that your CR-V has. It will tell you when you need to do service and what kind of service you need based on your driving use of the vehicle.

Personally, I'd change the oil if it's a year old, even if the Oil Life is at 60%.
How many miles are on your CR-V?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Hello all :confused2: I know this has to be somewhere, and I just can't find it. I was hoping someone could point me to the correct direction. I bought my 2018 CR-V EX-L in January 2018, and I have never taken it in for any type of maintenance at all. This is my first Honda, so maybe it's the norm? I am used to be given a maintenance book showing how often certain things are due, and a place to keep all those records. I have never been able to get my HondaLink to work which means no reminders or anything else. So when I got on my instrument panel a message saying 60% Oil Life, I freaked a bit. I'm good for now!:eek: But back to my initial question.....is there? and if so, where might I find a maintenance schedule?
Aztex :Help:
There is no set maintenance schedule, the Maintenance Minder (computer) will track your maintenance needs based on mileage, environment and driving habits. You can locate your maintenance codes in the owners manual and use the dash display (scroll and select the wrench) to show the code of the next needed maintenance.

Have you monitored your oil level? There are known potential problems (explore this forum) of fuel diluting the oil.
Ideally, you probably should have changed your factory oil around 2000-3000 miles to remove silicone (dirt) from initial assembly, but there is no documentation to tell anyone this...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Oh my gosh! I'm very sorry I haven't made it back before now. Thank you all for your responses. I've been a bit overwhelmed getting ready to sell my house and move back home to Texas. :Darn:I did make it in and had my oil changed. The service guy there shocked me with changing the oil annually! I do believe I will look into an oil change much sooner than a year though. And, unfortunately I still am not able to get the maintenance minder to work. That is partly why I was looking for a schedule I can download and keep in a binder of some kind to remind me and keep my records. And I have been told my car does not have the oil intrusion problem. Always good to hear. However, I was under the impression I need .apk type files for all of the Hands Free link and being able to access messages and maintenance minders from Honda. I am going to have to catch up with the group that tells you how to make it all work. I still can't believe the phone list has not been updated to include iPhone 6S Plus. When I select the wrench for maintenance though, I am now getting my oil percentage plus a B1. And if I read my manual correctly, that B1 could mean a myriad of things. But it is most likely I need to check the pressure on my tires.
Again, I do appreciate you guys responding to my question.

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I like to be ahead of the Maintenance Minder. The following is a a recommended service schedule if you want to be ahead of it. Also, the manual states that regardless of the MM, change your brake fluid, transmission/diff fluids, and oil every year -- if not prompted by the MM -- and filters at set intervals if you drive in severe conditions (city driving). I wouldn't worry about the fuel injection service as long as you are always using a top tier fuel brand.

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
Only time I start doing things off the book is if a long distance and away from the home. for extended periods of time. no I would not pack it in the car and change it out on the Mountain because I hit my interval.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts