Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question for CRV owners.I bought my 2008 CRV lx new in 2008. It has 89,000 miles on it ,have changed oil and filters ,new brakes and tires. No problems yet.Drive about 12k a year

My question is I am retired and do not want a car payment for a few more years.What kind of reliability can I expect out of this car.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
I have a question for CRV owners.I bought my 2008 CRV lx new in 2008. It has 89,000 miles on it ,have changed oil and filters ,new brakes and tires. No problems yet.Drive about 12k a year

My question is I am retired and do not want a car payment for a few more years.What kind of reliability can I expect out of this car.
I personally don't have a 2008 but as far as I've seen on this forum and from a buddy who has a 2007 I think you're fine for several more years. I plan to drive my 2013 until 200,000 miles....it only has 24,000 right now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey dpilot, if you don't mind me asking, I just bought an 08 with 157k miles and was really skeptical about buying a car with that many miles, how much did you pay?

·
Registered
35 Posts
At 89k, it's still a baby :) Our CRV is an 09 with 63k and it drives like a brand new car. Like Coastie, I'm planning to run it 200k.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have a 2007 with 124k miles. It runs great. I change oil every 5k and use synthetic oil. I change the ATF every 15K. My original brakes lasted 90k miles.

The only non routine maintenance repair I had was the compressor failed at about 110k miles. My extended warranty expired 4months earlier. While the compressor was repaired, I had the water pump and serpentine belt replaced also.

·
Registered
57 Posts
CRV are really tough machine, even with high mileage, still they are road worthy. Another good thing with honda is abundance and affordable parts.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Take a good car of her and she will take care of you. CR-V's are well-known here for reliability. Should get 200k miles at least.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I ran mine from 70K to 135K with no problems other than the door lock acutators. Oil changes, Transmission fluid change, spark plugs and a couple filters and 200K should be no problem

·
Registered
12 Posts
Oh well i did forget to mention the AC went out on ours at 135K and we traded it in at that time because the service was going to be 1000 just about and we needed a bigger car. We got an odyssey.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Nobody knows your car like you do !! Mileage is very low and it's served you well not to mention depreciation is minimal at this point !! I'd drive it as long as I could but I don't believe in taking money intended for appreciation and buying something guaranteed to depreciate. Craig

·
Registered
547 Posts
I have a 2007 CRV with 91xxx miles currently. I have had her for over 2 1/2 years and I have had to replace her brake pads, got a new battery and just regular maintenance with oil changes and wheels rotated, changed out her transmission fluid. Just drove her to west Texas over 1200 miles and she was a champ the entire time. I intend to hit at least 500,000 like I did my last car (Chevy Nova). Love this baby!

200,000 miles is just getting your CRV use to the road. ;)

·
Registered
252 Posts
We bought ours new in November of 2007 and it has been running great. Honda replaced the AC compressor around 106K under warranty and we've had the door actuator recall done as well. Air bag recall is scheduled for 2nd week of July. Other than general care and feeding, it is running great. We now have almost 150K on it, still pulling 27MPG on the highway. Keep up on your maintenance and it will be around for a long time. Other than fluids, here is what I've replaced so far...
Front Struts (leaking)
Rear Struts
Brakes (all 4 corners)
2 batteries
3rd set of tires (factory tires shot in 19K)
Plugs / accessory belt
Sway bar end links
Sway bar bushings

She rides, runs and stops like new.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dear all,
I got a Nov 2008 CRV and had the dealer replaced most of the items including the engine mount. I am not sure if it is a common issue but at idling, there seems to be a slight vibration throughout the car. And when I turned on the aircon, the vibration gets more obvious. Is there anything I can do to solve this problem? Any advice appreciated. Thanks!

Mike

1 - 15 of 15 Posts