Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I am currently searching for a new bike rack and was wondering if anyone had suggestions on one that does not block the rear view camera. My other idea was to either move the camera to the rear spoiler or add a second camera there? Has anyone tried this? Thanks

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
How about mounting a wireless camera to the bike rack itself, and then the screen for it will only clutter up your dash when you are using the rack?

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
You can get a digital rear view mirror & mount the camera in the window and use that. Then you can leave the oem setup for when you dont have bikes

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
3,758 Posts
Check into rear view cameras for RVs, trailers etc. some even project an image on smart phones

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Thunderbird 1983

I can't speak to a rack that doesn't block the rear facing camera, but I plan to get a Curt hitch and install a Yakima Hold Up 2 bike rack, since I've had the chance to play with one, and it is super easy to operate as a small person. They have a pull pin for the drop, will drop below horizontal, flip up to completely vertical when empty, have a two point secure system for each bike [one ratcheting lock strap, and an arm that cinches down on the tire of your choice] with the ability to adjust for different wheelbases of bike and will hold everything from road bikes up to fat tire bikes. It takes about 5 seconds to load a bike. and each tire arm comes with a small integrated cable lock. I'd still use a large cable and seperate lock, unless I was going to be in visual range the whole time, but my bikes are worth more than my last car :)

You can also get an extension for 2 more bikes. I'm new here, and don't think I can post pictures or links yet.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm curious to read what some suggest as a solution. I installed a drawtite hitch and a kuat rack but it does obscure the camera (and my license plate). The CRV is my first car with a backing camera and I didn't realize I had got used to it.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I use the mirrors when camera is partially blocked by the bikes and I had estimated the end of rack based on the lines from the camera which is the dashed lines

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts