Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Suddenly my remote would lock the car, but the second push would not beep the horn. Remote would not unlock the doors. Red indicator looked dim and would fade out. I replaced the battery and still got the same result. My wife's key remote works normally. Should the car be reprogrammed to accept the remote? What next?

·
Registered
2022 CRV EX FWD 2013 CRV EX FWD
3,011 Posts
It sound like the remote is the issue, not the car. You might have to replace the remote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
The $24 key is a key blank that you'd still have to have cut, and then you would have to do the programming.

I know my local hardware store does key cutting. Take in your existing key and ask them what it would cost to have a new key cut.

The dealer's $200 probably includes the key, cutting it to fit, and programming it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The $24 key is a key blank that you'd still have to have cut, and then you would have to do the programming.

I know my local hardware store does key cutting. Take in your existing key and ask them what it would cost to have a new key cut.

The dealer's $200 probably includes the key, cutting it to fit, and programming it.
Local locksmith is $155 for new key, cutting and programming. What if I take the electronics from the new one and put it in my key. I think I know how to get the car to recognize the new key. Second option is to take the new one to the local Ace hardware as they can cut it to match and program the car for less than $50.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts