Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
I found what appears to be the Owners Manual for that system:

At the top of Page 11 it says:

If interior heating or cooling is desired, the climate controls must be preset, and the fan blower must be set to the desired level prior to remote starting the vehicle.
So have you tried it without the A/C system set to "auto"?

And I checked their website, and they have a 'knowledge base' link...which brings up a 'not found' error page.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Who installed the remote start?

Unless it is wired into the circuit that powers up the climate control system nothing you do is going to change or fix your issue.

That said what your trying to do is a huge waste anyway, 5 minutes is not enough time to warm up anything besides the engine oil when sitting in the driveway.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

·
Registered
27 Posts
I bought an aftermarket remote start system for my 2013 crv. When I remote start, the heating/cooling units don’t turn in. Even if I didn’t turn them off the last time I drove the car and left them on, they don’t turn back on with remote start. The only way they turn on is when I turn the key to the “on” position. That defeats the purpose. What am I doing wrong? I can’t find any information on this
you needed an additional relay installed with the remote start to have that function...or something was connected wrong.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Most remote starts have the hvac powered up through the accessory circuit so I can only assume the installer did not hook up your accessory circuit and it does not get powered so it doesn't power the hvac system when remote started.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Tagged!
Following this thread.

Missy, you are not alone.
I have the V, EX-L 2017, I rarely use the Honda pre-installed remote starter.
The reason purely is it doesn't really help to warm up the interior at all.
Many many times I started it remotely, let it run for good 15', and when I got in, still cold. The engine is running, but it seems no air blowing at all.
Frustration with the uselessness, instead of using it, I just hop in, start the engine, wait for 30" then drive off. That way, 5' later I have some merely warm air blowing out.
Note: as said, in the first 5' while driving, I am holding on to the cold as nothing blowing in these first 5 minutes.
I think something wrong with my car or my settings.
Condition: Northeastern during winter season. Obviously, the colder the longer it takes

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Nothing is wrong with your car or settings. The engine coolant (which is your heat source) temp will rise faster when no/very little air is forced thru the heater core by the blower/fan. The heaters in all water cooled cars work that way. After you have entered the car and holding the brake pedal down and pushing the start button, the blower speed should increase. If it doesn't increase, push the fan speed button.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Tagged!
Following this thread.

Many many times I started it remotely, let it run for good 15', and when I got in, still cold. The engine is running, but it seems no air blowing at all.
Frustration with the uselessness, instead of using it, I just hop in, start the engine, wait for 30" then drive off. That way, 5' later I have some merely warm air blowing out.
Note: as said, in the first 5' while driving, I am holding on to the cold as nothing blowing in these first 5 minutes.
Condition: Northeastern during winter season. Obviously, the colder the longer it takes
I don't know about the oem starters, but here in Canada, we install our starters to warm up the engine, the interiors, and defrost the windshield. It works like you would expect. I've had 4 cars with aftermarket starters and they all are wired that way. When I get in the car, it is warm inside. Prerty much everybody I know that have car starters works that way. When it is -40c it is nice to get into a warm car after brushing all the snow off.

·
Registered
51 Posts
  1. Tagged!
    Following this thread.

If you have the 1.5 turbo motor, then it’s normal. These motors are very slow to warm up, idling doesn’t warm them up at all.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Thanks all for your feedback

@crv383,
I normally have it on Auto, but during winter season, I manually crank up the fan speed when I get in, just to get the fan blowing

@ilovemyhonda88,
That's what I (we) want but unfortunately, it's not the case for me. Do you have a 1.5 turbo engine CRV as well?

@ondarvr,
Really? that's bad

So what is the usefulness of the remote starter?

21 - 37 of 37 Posts