Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a slightly used 2016 EX-L that had already had the remote start installed (I don't really need it since the car is kept in the garage). I used the remote start a few times just to see how and if it worked and it did fine. I keep the remote and remote start remote in my pocket at all times. Yesterday, I was outside the open garage door about 25' away hooking up my scan gauge II to my old clunker (PT Cruiser woody). When I went into the garage, the CRV was quietly running. The doors were no locked but the engine died in about 5 seconds after I opened the door. Everything was normal. Seemed really odd to me.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I bought a slightly used 2016 EX-L that had already had the remote start installed (I don't really need it since the car is kept in the garage). I used the remote start a few times just to see how and if it worked and it did fine. I keep the remote and remote start remote in my pocket at all times. Yesterday, I was outside the open garage door about 25' away hooking up my scan gauge II to my old clunker (PT Cruiser woody). When I went into the garage, the CRV was quietly running. The doors were no locked but the engine died in about 5 seconds after I opened the door. Everything was normal. Seemed really odd to me.
You must have bumped the remote start button unknowingly, either by leaning up against something or carrying something that bumped the remote in your pocket. It more than likely did not just pick that time to start itself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts