Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With winter coming I'm looking at remote start options for my 2015 EX-L. It seems like many dealers don't like the Honda remote start (range is bad, expensive) and sell an aftermarket one. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'd prefer not to have to carry a 2nd remote, so if there is one that can be linked to the OEM fob or iPhone that would be great. Also, if any of you are in the Chicago suburbs let me know if you have a shop you recommend for the install.

Thanks,

Russ

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had mine installed in a audio/custom shop $350 works with Honda remote. I hit the top button 3x and car starts. Works from my kitchen in my house as I'm making my coffee you just have to remember to set your heat or cooling before you exit car the night before. I thought mine was good enough but shop manager told me I could get a plug in module for this starter about $100 it would add an iPhone app with extremely long distance. Could add it anytime.
I love it so ask around. Sorry I'm in in philly subs.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have had a CompuStar on all my Honda & Accords and the Viper on the other makes.

There is no comparison to the range and reliability when looking at the CompuStar two way remotes. A realistic one mile with no buildings in the way and a good 1/2 mile with one or two metal studded buildings in the way.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had mine installed in a audio/custom shop $350 works with Honda remote. I hit the top button 3x and car starts. Works from my kitchen in my house as I'm making my coffee you just have to remember to set your heat or cooling before you exit car the night before. I thought mine was good enough but shop manager told me I could get a plug in module for this starter about $100 it would add an iPhone app with extremely long distance. Could add it anytime.
I love it so ask around. Sorry I'm in in philly subs.
Is yours a viper?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts