Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 CR-V. Love it.
I know that I can lower my windows remotely with my fob, as I can with my 2013 accord. But I don't seem to be able to raise the windows remotely the same way. Can someone tell me if this is possible, and if so, what the proper key press sequesce is? Thanks.

·
Registered
2017 CRV EX AWD
939 Posts
I have a 2018 CR-V. Love it.
I know that I can lower my windows remotely with my fob, as I can with my 2013 accord. But I don't seem to be able to raise the windows remotely the same way. Can someone tell me if this is possible, and if so, what the proper key press sequesce is? Thanks.
there is no fob sequence to make them go up.
You can remove the key and insert it into the door lock, turn it once then back and once again and hold it & all 4 windows w/sunroof close

·
Registered
186 Posts
Wow, another feature we lucky folks in the UK get over our US counterparts!!

(Sorry to gloat!)
Without you telling me read the manual I only got a third of the way through it before lockdown
would you be kind enough to tell me how to shut all the windows remotley
I found I had to be careful when unlocking not to hold the unlock button too long otherwise all the windows and roof opened
Only did it once and I was lucky it wasn't raining:)

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
@CRV4575 - you lock the doors from the fob with one press. Then, once you hear the "clicks" in the door activate, press and hold the lock button again and that will shut all the windows and retract the sunroof to the closed position.

👌

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
there is no fob sequence to make them go up.
You can remove the key and insert it into the door lock, turn it once then back and once again and hold it & all 4 windows w/sunroof close
Yes, I know about using the key. I was wondering is the fob button sequence still existed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can’t remotely close windows as it’s a safety feature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is there any evidence that anyone has been harmed or injured by a window rolled up remotely via a fob keypress?
Or is this just lawyer bullcrap?

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Is there any evidence that anyone has been harmed or injured by a window rolled up remotely via a fob keypress?
Or is this just lawyer bullcrap?
I'm guessing you already know the answer.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Am sure the Sunroof will not chop you in half when closing, as well the windows, there is a pressure sensitive cut off, like the rear tailgate.

·
Registered
414 Posts
LOL - does that mean Honda doesnt care about its UK customers who can remotely close their windows/sunroof?
No just that UK customers may be a lot more careful than their NA ones . Also UK is a lot less sue happy than NA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
With all that has been speculated here, I still wonder why the US wont allow remote window closing. Don't all the windows now have "pinch protection" where the windows will reverse if they encounter an obstruction?

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
It is quite astonishing to see the level of differences in CR-Vs across the globe.

You'd think Honda would want to reduce these variations on cost alone. Regulatory variations clearly dont help either!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts