Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Indeed. The blasted EU always looks for a way to have a game of one-upmanship with any other bloc, like the USA, yet panders to the whims of China.

Getting off topic so I'll quit while I can....

·
Registered
18 Posts
there is no fob sequence to make them go up.
You can remove the key and insert it into the door lock, turn it once then back and once again and hold it & all 4 windows w/sunroof close
That is a real find if you're correct. I had a VW Passat TDI years ago that would do that with the key in the door lock - same sequence. I'll try that tomorrow - Thanks!

·
Registered
2017 CRV EX AWD
939 Posts
That is a real find if you're correct. I had a VW Passat TDI years ago that would do that with the key in the door lock - same sequence. I'll try that tomorrow - Thanks!
Its real, enjoy
It works for up and down but removing the slider seems like too much work for most here lol

·
Registered
18 Posts
there is no fob sequence to make them go up.
You can remove the key and insert it into the door lock, turn it once then back and once again and hold it & all 4 windows w/sunroof close
You are absolutely correct. Just went out to the garage and did that and it works just like my old Passat. Excellent find! Many Thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Curious - whats the US regulation that prevents you guys from having windows that auto-retract like ours??
You mean auto CLOSE? As we yanks can auto open (which I assume is your meaning of retract?)

·
Registered
2019 CRV EXL
18 Posts
I just went out and was able to get the windows to go down as well as up using just the key. It also works with the keyfob for rolling down the windows and sunroof. I tried rolling up the windows with the fob but it doesn't work.

I don't have a reason to ever roll the windows down or up this way but it's still a nice function. I rarely have any windows down, even in the summer.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I just went out and was able to get the windows to go down as well as up using just the key. It also works with the keyfob for rolling down the windows and sunroof. I tried rolling up the windows with the fob but it doesn't work.

I don't have a reason to ever roll the windows down or up this way but it's still a nice function. I rarely have any windows down, even in the summer.
Could be an option not enabled in the BCM ? Some apps (like carista) allow different option tweaking on different brand/model vehicles.

·
Registered
2019 CRV EXL
18 Posts
Could be an option not enabled in the BCM ? Some apps (like carista) allow different option tweaking on different brand/model vehicles.
I'm sure it could be enabled. If the windows can go down with the fob, they can go up with the fob.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2018 CR-V. Love it.
I know that I can lower my windows remotely with my fob, as I can with my 2013 accord. But I don't seem to be able to raise the windows remotely the same way. Can someone tell me if this is possible, and if so, what the proper key press sequesce is? Thanks.
I use to have an Audi allroad that had this feature. The US version had the roll up disabled but with the right program we unlocked it in the code of the computer and got it working. Apparently it had to do with US safety laws

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
There was a whole discussion a couple of years ago here discussing this, when a poster's windows and moon roof all opened up unintentionally, apparently from a "pocket push" of the FOB buttons, and the car was outside during a rain storm. You can imagine the outrage. I understand why Honda designed in the feature, but it doesn't seem to make sense that you can't reverse the process from the FOB as well.

We can discuss this, (and the start button behavior) for days, weeks, months and years and it is extremely unlikely that Honda will change either. We just have to accept both as they are.

·
Registered
159 Posts
There was a whole discussion a couple of years ago here discussing this, when a poster's windows and moon roof all opened up unintentionally, apparently from a "pocket push" of the FOB buttons, and the car was outside during a rain storm. You can imagine the outrage. I understand why Honda designed in the feature, but it doesn't seem to make sense that you can't reverse the process from the FOB as well.

We can discuss this, (and the start button behavior) for days, weeks, months and years and it is extremely unlikely that Honda will change either. We just have to accept both as they are.
Maybe we need to find the person who designed this "feature" and have Uncle Eddy go get him and tie him up and bring him to us so we can have a more productive discussion in person.

(This was supposed to be a reference from the "Christmas Vacation" movie, in case anyone cares).

·
Registered
2019 CRV EXL
18 Posts
Maybe we need to find the person who designed this "feature" and have Uncle Eddy go get him and tie him up and bring him to us so we can have a more productive discussion in person.

(This was supposed to be a reference from the "Christmas Vacation" movie, in case anyone cares).
I'll loan him an RV.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts