Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Issue: The white plastic impact stop in the glass hatch latch of my 2001 CRV has disintegrated over time so that the striker plate bar on the glass hatch unable to actívate the swivel "C" locking mechanism.

Goal: I want to remove the tailgate interior plastic panel to access the latch assembly to replace it if I cannot devise a repair to make it functional.

Work performed: I have removed the cargo hook cap and 2 screws as well as the 2 screws in storage bin área. The tailgate panel is not even loose indicating that there must be clips still holding it in place.

Questions: Are there clips on the backside of the panel securing it to the tailgate? If so, what is the best way to remove the panel at this point without damaging anything (clips or tailgate)?

Appreciate any advice stemming from actual experience with first gen (1997-2001) CRV's. Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Not sure if you already figured it out, but figured I'd lend you a hand. Here's the instructions, per the Service Manual, on how to go about doing this. Hope it helps!

Tailgate_Panel_Removal.jpg

·
Registered
772 Posts
Glad OP sent you instructions, I was going to suggest screws behind tool pocket, but you have it. A big welcome to the forum, jump in often & glad to have you.
David g.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts