Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to remove the front 12v cigarette lighter/adapter housing under the shifter?

Thanks

·
Registered
151 Posts
I' not sue how you would remove the plug, but if you pull the right side panel off the center counsel, you may get at it that way. I broke into the plug wiring to hard wire my dashcam.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I removed both side panels and can see it but it's still hard to get to and I can't see exactly how to remove it.
Even just removing the flip up cover may work but don't think that's possible either without breaking it.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I' not sue how you would remove the plug, but if you pull the right side panel off the center counsel, you may get at it that way. I broke into the plug wiring to hard wire my dashcam.
I want to hard wire my dashcam also..dont you have any trouble with a dead battery ?...or did you wire it into a ignition on wire.....I want to use the parking mode,,

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For $15 I just bought a 12v adapter and plugged it in behind the console instead of wrestling with removing the existing one.

·
Registered
151 Posts
That's what I did. I broke into the wires going to the plug and soldered in another 12V plug. I then plugged the dashcam to that. It is ignition switch controlled. The recommendation I had got that if you want the parking mode, that you should purchase an external power supply, if not you could drain the battery.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's what I did. I broke into the wires going to the plug and soldered in another 12V plug. I then plugged the dashcam to that. It is ignition switch controlled. The recommendation I had got that if you want the parking mode, that you should purchase an external power supply, if not you could drain the battery.
I actually unplugged the 12v adapter from behind and plugged it into a new 12v adapter I got from my local Honda dealer, so I didn't cut any wires.

·
Super Moderator
1997, 2002, 2017 my expertese lies there
5,017 Posts
I more or less piggy back on to a fuse the right way good luck. suggest the same then to start hacking wires for shorts.

·
Registered
631 Posts
ya.....I didnt think it would be OK to use parking mode with the cheap little battery in the CRV,s

·
Registered
151 Posts
I suppose if one has no idea about soldering, or other things that my way is not the best. However, do as you wish. Mine works and is not an issue.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well different projects will just call for different solutions depending on skill levels if you diy.
For me , I was installing a built in wireless charger and needed a 12v plug but didn't have room for the charging base and the 12v plug in the small area under the shifter, so rather than wrestling with trying to remove the 12v adapter which didn't seem easy I just unplugged it from behind and plugged it into another Honda part 12v adapter behind the center console.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts