Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently someone broke into my CRV, the window of my car is smashed. The window is replaced and is fine now. But I just noticed that there are some broken glass inside the passenger side AC vent, I would like to remove the vent and clean it up. Can someone tell me how to remove it?

Picture shows this AC vent:
crv_vent.jpg

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Can't help with vent removal. You might try a flat blade screw driver with a piece of double sided tape stuck on the end (to remove glass crumbs).

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Look into your ac cabin filter that may have the glass falling in there, be careful. not sure the name of the tool that grabs dropped screws etc. or like an antenna wand and 3m rubber stick tape can ge the glass then breaking the vent. You should be able to grab the vent and pull out may have to place a driver on the side to take out. I did that on my 2002 crv. my Sis kill me if I demo it on hers..

·
Registered
202 Posts
Youtube has been great with helping me take things apart in my Honda Accord, you might want to check if there are such videos for the CRV.

·
Registered
631 Posts
wonder if you pulled the cabin air filter out carefully...would there be glass on top?....if there is and he put it back and gently use compressed are and blow in the vent? would in be caught by the filter....any pros out there?.....if not I am sure a glass place has a fix for this issue

1 - 6 of 6 Posts