Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would it be difficult to remove just the bottom cushions of the rear seats to create more available length for sleeping in a Gen 1?

It looks like you could slide the front passenger seat all of the way forward and tilt the back of the seat all of the way forward.

This looks like it could add maybe 18" to the available rear cargo length with the back seats folded flat since the flipped up bottom cushion would no longer be in the way.

Looks like you would just have to fill the gap between the back of the front passenger seat and the leading edge of the rear folded seat back.

Does anyone do this?

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I think the hinge comes apart, but I have never tried. If you remove the front headrests and slide the front seats all the way forward you can fold the front seats backwards and they will line up with the rears. There is a handle on the outside of the rears that raises them slightly and then with the back of the rear seats folded backwards you can get a lot of sleeping room.

Basically what I am trying to say is the front and rear seats join together to make a large bed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts