Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Removing centre console & interior trim on 2015 UK CRV White edition (pre face lift)

Hi All,

I'm a total newbie her trying to find my way around.

I'm hoping someone here can help me out, I have a 2015 (pre face lift) UK CRV White edition that I am about to install a hard wired front and rear dash cam, headrest DVD players and a rear cigarette accessory and usb power socket. (Thought I'd do the lot in one go and get it out the way)

I'm comfy doing the electrics but it's figuring out how to remove trim so I can hide wires and make a neat install of it all. I need to remove the centre console to install the new power sockets and hide up the excess wiring for the headrest DVD players and I need to remove appropriate panels to get the wire from the rear dash camera wire along to the rear view mirror and the wire from the front cam down from the mirror area to the fuse box.

Any help, links advice or lessons learnt from people who have done any of the would be hugely appreciated and probably sabe me trying the brute force and ignorance route 

As a side note I was going to wire into switchable and constant 12v feeds once I had got a meter and checked the fuses but I'm sure I read somewhere Hondas have a options socket spare but it may need some kind of special connector to use it? Does anyone know anything about this, what it is and what this sod ial socket (blue connector if I recall) actually is and where I get one if I need it?

Again apologies if I posted in wrong place or have asked anything totally silly but I'm new to honda and new to forums so everything is a learning curve

Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
I can help you with this, for sure. It's been a while since you posted this and I want to make sure you haven't already made this happen on your own. The 2015 and 2016 have the same center console and I have pictures showing all required fasteners.
I've also run front and rear dash cams and may have some advice on that. I ran my power to the rear low along the door sills but I understand if you need to go across the ceiling due to the design of your camera.
Let me know if you're still listening and I'm happy to help!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts